Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
According to Lands of Mystery it seems like Baelgun is still alive. This was also confirmed by Luke Johnson, Developer of the WoW RPG, in this thread on the White Wolf forums: http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewtopic.php?p=662623 (his answer is on page 5 of that thread. --Foogray 05:16, 11 April 2006 (EDT)
I'm getting tired of all people having died and then been retconned back to life. Maiev Shadowsong, Magtheridon, (to mention a few) and now Baelgun. Why can't Blizzard just plan their stories better, so they won't have to retcon? --Odolwa 21:02, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
Eh. Magtheridon wasnt retconed back to life. You never kill him in the 1st place. Simply after you defeet him fel gaurds take him away--The last Alterac 09:39, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
We never see any Fel Guards taking him away. And the main-objective of the mission is to "Slay Magtheridon".--Odolwa 14:58, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
'Tis true, but remember the last time we see him, he's alive.--Austin P 02:05, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
Anyway, this is not about Magtheridon. Last time we saw Baelgun he was dead. There was also an objective to "Slay Baelgun".--Odolwa 17:49, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- About maggy, actually according to written lore both once on one of Blizzard's websites, at least one book in the rpg (Shadows & Light), and other sources Magtheridon was ultimately slain by Illidan. They admitted later that it was a retcon to bring him back.Baggins 18:17, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- He was never dead, even though they killed him.-- 02:11, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- That's the logic of the Warcraft universe for ya. Xavius, the Satyr Lord 19:25, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- Well apparently Muradin is alive too now! Im happy to see him alive but seriously they just made a major retcon. Muradin is apparently alive but it seems he has lost his memory. We're probably just gonna be helping him get it back and later on he helps us fight the lich king or "Redeem Arthas" or whatever. --Whitedragon254 (talk) 23:30, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
I'm not sure that picture from the RPG is Baelgun. I've always suspected it's Brann, even if it does look different from his other images. For one thing, his hat resembles Brann, and at one point in LoM, Brann mentions running into a crypt lord.--Austin P (talk) 10:10, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Well it fits the description given in the book for Baelgun, "double braids", and using a hammer. Also following most parts of the book, there is usually an image nearby the major character discription boxes (showing that character). Like Mogul Razdunk, and Tundra Coldhoof, Zalazane, Demetrian, etc. As far as I know Brann has never been shown or described as using a hammer. Brann only describes using an axe in fights throughout Lands of Mystery as well (as well asin Lands of Conflict). I'm pretty sure that's the case with the rest of his books as well (although latter books would serve no baring on a painting commisioned for LoM). Also note that Brann's original painting shows him wielding an axe.
- Finally Brann says he encountered the crypt lord by an obelisk near the Sundered Monolith.Baggins (talk) 09:30, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Legion and Frostmourne Edit
Looks like he was retconned back to the dead, cause Bolvar, current Lich King tells:
- Baelgun's soul was cursed to relive the moment of his death for eternity and will see you as his enemy. Destroy him.
And Baelgun's soul was released when Frostmourne was broken, so this means Arthas did killed him. 184.108.40.206 16:43, December 9, 2015 (UTC)