Is the cleanup banner in the correct section? To me it seems only the rewards section needs cleaning up - the first section is fine. Kiltek 05:10, 16 February 2007 (EST)
im pretty sure these only drop on heroic mode. -05:55, 31 January 2007 (EST)
The info from Tigole ain't about Badges of Justice, its about the tier armor tokens. (Keilden 07:43, 14 May 2007 (EDT))
- Tier armor tokens do not drop in heroics and are not "party loot", only one person gets one. 10:50, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
He means that bosses on heroic instances will drop multiply epics. Not that they will drop more then one token. (Keilden 08:41, 15 May 2007 (EDT))
- "...in terms of loot, the armor tokens will become multi-drop, meaning everyone in the group gets one when a boss dies. The number required will be upped to accommodate for this."
- Before the change bosses would drop a single token. People fought over them, they were ninja'd, there was the classic drama. Because the tokens are generic and no single person can lay claim to them, they were made to drop one per boss per player... kill a boss and everyone gets a token. Because of that change, the number of tokens needed to buy the items was raised, since people were now getting a lot more tokens.
- "All of the end bosses in heroic mode will drop epic items."
- Exactly what he said, end bosses drop epic items. He's not implying multiple epics, though I do believe most end bosses drop 2 items and everyone gets a token. I think I'm going to replace this quote, as it's not really needed and it's just causing confusion apparently. 12:00, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
Hauthaas gear level Edit
MH and BT are Tier 6, and the heroic badge gear is definitely below that. I do agree that a few items are very good, and even worn by groups when entering the Sunwell Plateau, but that doesn't make it "BT level". With that label, I'd expect to be able to skip BT entirely. With Hauthaas gear alone, a character is equipped good enough to enter MH/BT, no more. Also, item levels match very well with ZA, not BT. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Batox (talk · contr).
- The item level of most of the gear sold by Hauthaas is 141, which is also the ilvl of most of the BY/Hyjal epics. ZA drops are in the 130s, capping around 138. By item level, this is BT/Hyjal quality gear, though it can be argued that the itemization points are more poorly distributed. The reason that you can't buy a full set of this and skip BT/Hyjal isn't because the gear isn't good enough - it is, it's because she doesn't sell a piece for every slot for every class/spec. Several of the items she sells are actually upgrades over Tier 6. This is not ZA quality gear, this is BT/Hyjal quality gear. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Xtownaga (talk · contr).
I remain unconvinced. Technically you may be right, in practise Hauthaas gear is a complement to MH/BT gear as Kara/Gruul is gear a compelement to SSC/TK gear (the difference between Tier4 and 5 in effect). And again - a character exclusively equipped in Badge gear is good enough to *start* MH/BT, no more. I'd also like to see an example of Hauthaa gear being better than a Tier 6 set item (I'm quite sure that it cannot be better if we also consider the set bonus). --Batox 07:50, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- In many cases you are correct, the set bonuses will outweigh the benefit found on some of the badge items over their T6 counterparts. Take the Resto Druid 4 piece T6 - +5% healing done by Healing Touch. A good raiding resto at this point will use healing touch so infrequently as to make this nearly useless. While they would probably still want to pick up a few pieces for the 2PC, it's easy to pick up the 2PC + some of this badge loot (or other off-set pieces around BT/Hyjal, as there is nowhere near a full set of gear for any class or spec out of the new badge rewards). Now compare the Thunderheart Legguards with the new badge piece, Grovewalker's Leggings. Using the badge piece over the Thunderheart, you come up with: -13 armor, +2 stam, +2 int, +8 spirit, an extra red socket - 3 healing, -11 MP5. Now, lets drop a +22 healing gem into that extra red socket, and assume that the same thing will be put into the blue socket, canceling them out. This means that if you use the badge piece over the Thunderheart you gain 2 stamina, 2 int, 8 spirit and 19 +healing at the cost of some armor (who cares, really), and 11 MP5. The resto druids in my guild (5/5,7/9) have told me that they don't ever have mana issues. Most of them don't use mana pots, give their innervates away to other healers who need it, and still never go OOM, so the MP5 is fairly trivial, nice to have to be sure, but I would argue that the other stats far outweigh it. Add in to this that you have to be at least 8/9 BT to get access to the T6 pants, at which point you're nearly guaranteed to be 5/5 Hyjal, meaning you have more than enough opportunities to pick up 2 pieces of T6 to get the useful set bonus, and the overall better stats on this item over it's T6 counterpart make it a better choice. Xtownaga 22:31, 20 April 2008 (UTC)Xtownaga
In your argumentation, your rate 11 mp5 as "nice to have". I agree to that, I (Shaman, 4/5 4/9) don't need much more mp5 myself. It's true that mp5 is too easily available on high end gear, to the point of rendering it actually less desirable than pure +heal. Perhaps we should run a vote, I'd like to see what other people are thinking. I just don't like the impression given by "BT level", it sounds too ambitious. --Batox 11:07, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
Overview of BoJ gear?Edit
Since this page doesn't actually tell you what gear you can purchase with Badges of Justice, I propose we create one. I don't know enough Wikicode to do it, but it sounds like a good idea. :) RobertM525 (talk) 07:51, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- Such a page has existed, but there's just too much gear to put it all on one page (it would exceed some technical limit). Therefore this page provides the vendor list with a short description of the item types available from each, and the complete lists are on the vendor's pages. --Batox (talk) 11:34, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
Badges in WotLK?Edit
Are Badges of Justice still used in WotLK? Or will WotLK have some new kind of Badges for 80-level items? I assume the second, but does anyone know for sure yet? --Lilianne Blaze (talk) 05:42, 9 September 2008 (UTC)