Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gear List ChangesEdit
Enchant tooltips Edit
The current setup like this is ugly:
- Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed – 360 Enchanting – 8x , 8x (Recommended)
- Enchant Boots - Fortitude – 320 Enchanting – 12x Arcane Dust
- Enchant Boots - Vitality – 305 Enchanting – 6x Arcane Dust, 4x Major Healing Potion, 4x Major Mana Potion
- Vindicator's Armor Kit – 325 Leatherworking – 3x Heavy Knothide Leather, 1x —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Brunpal (talk • contr).
- Did you see that the page is still under construction? I've been working on other stuff lately (mainly Tier 4 and Tier 5 stuff) but I plan on getting back to this project soon. Eventually, all armor will be categorized into its respective slot and in a darktable, just like BC tanking equipment (warrior). --Tiwuno 20:32, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
Natasha's Battle Chain Edit
Just wondering if you're planning to add the quest reward Natasha's Battle Chain to the Neck list, seems to have decent enough stats to make it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cyrillia (talk • contr).
Lightbringer Greaves Edit
Now exist in two forms, retribution leg armor and protection feet armor. I will be fixing the article once I figure out what the new boots are going to be renamed as. --Tiwuno 07:58, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
There are three types of plate tanking gear Edit
- Generic tanking gear that only have stamina and mitigation stats but NO strength or spell damage.
- Warrior specific tanking gear that have strength on it besides stamina and mitigation stats.
- Paladin specific tanking gear that have spell damage, intelligent on it besides stamina and mitigation stats.
I found it irritating reading your first paragragh saying paladins wear warrior gear. I understand there are still many people fixated to the pre-BC belief that warriors are the only primary tank, so those tankadins since TBC are only using "warrior's tanking gear". This idea is terrible. Generic tanking gear is generic, not specifical designed for warriors or paladins. Both of them have the equal right to use it. In fact, generally both warrior and paladin tanks would prefer generic tanking gear over their own class specific tanking gear after they have good enough threat generation, as all the item points of the gear are used for stamina and mitigation stats.WakemanCK 09:18, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
About the article in general Edit
I hope the author can update the page ASAP. (I know it is under construction.) Its current state is suboptimal. Misleading actually in some part. I wonder why it includes several pieces of gear from Sunwell which is not yet available at the time I'm typing, but omitted so many useful pieces from the 2.3 BoJ epics? Besides, if I were you, I'd simply remove all those pieces with only spell damage and stamina but no mitigation. Those are not good gear for the beginners. They only makes the new tankadins further away from reaching uncrushable. If you think keeping them is important, it is better to move them to another subsection with explanation that their use are only situational.
One last thing. No tankadins care about how much intellect their gear has. Also, mp5 is useful for a tankadin ONLY when he doesn't need to tank and his raid leader asks him to heal, therefore I always advise new tankadins to avoid mp5 on any gear! So please remove these two stats from the table. Otherwise, new tanks reading this may think those are the important stats and start stacking them!
Added a tag on the article so that the new tankadins will be careful when reading the article. In fact, I would like to know if the original author had played a level 70 Tankadin, as I believe it will be better if at least the introduction is written by someone with experience. I don't mind writing it up but since it is under-construction, I won't amend it at the moment. WakemanCK 11:31, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
Libram of Repentance in T4 level / end of Karazhan (def) gear Edit
Libram of Repentance makes no sense in that item set anymore. The listed stats already have more than 5% more blocking than you need for crush immunity. Just switch some enchantment or gem and you can completely replace the Libram by another one (e.g. Libram of Divine Purpose or Libram of Zeal). Or keep the Libram and replace all avoidance by stamina gems to boost max life - just don't waste the relict slot this way. Catenos
And, well, end of Karazhan gear should also contain some badge gear, considering that you cannot avoid getting quite some badges until you would have those items listed already. A good idea would probably be to divide them into two groups: those which you would want regardless of any Karazhan drops (chestpiece comes to mind) and those that you should only take if you have no drop luck and badges to spare. Btw, did not do any changes myself, because I am new in this wiki and there is still the under construction box Catenos
- 13.9k hp with Kings in "Kara-exit" gear simply means he is a bad tank having a lot of flaw with the gear/enchant/gem choice. For comparison, my "Kara-exit" gear has 15.2k hp unbuffed, while still uncritable, uncrushable with 295 spell damage. WakemanCK 07:41, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- BTW, if the original author is reading this, please shows the stats without any buff on (Kings/aura) next time, which is the typical way most people do for easier comparison. WakemanCK 07:46, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- @WakemanCK - I vote that you start editing this page the author says he will "get to it soon" back in January. Also, I would love to see the Kara exit set you mention in the above post. I just started building my Prot set and would love to know what I need to shoot for. Thanks! Lestermobile 00:28, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. I think more should be done than rewriting the introduction here, so I created a page about the fundamental gear mechanics of paladin tanks: Paladins as tanks: Gear Mechanics. Nevertheless, someone please keep helping update the list of gear here by adding those missing gear and removing those useless gear, and removing those useless stats listed on the table as I pointed out before. I may help later but it is such a huge job...... :P
- About the Kara exit gear, I realized I was slightly exaggerating as I got the 2.3 BoJ leg and Tankatronic goggles when counting, which are both equivalent to Tier 5 level gear. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be a problem for a Kara exit tank to have 14.5k-15k hp. 13.9k hp with Kings means less than 13k hp unbuffed, and this is terrible. WakemanCK 08:07, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Major cleanup of the page Edit
Took me a whole afternoon to clean up this page, but it is not completed yet. I revised the columns of those tables and now they are listing stats that are more useful for tankadins, with the rest in the "others" column. I also removed a lot of gear/enchant that is useless, as well as many gear that only concentrates on spell damage but no mitigation stats. I'm not saying tankadins don't need damage, but I don't want to confuse new tankadins. If you have read the gear mechanics page, you know a kara level tankadin only need a caster weapon to get all the spell damage you need. So listing spell damage only gear on other slots only makes the new tanks further and further away from uncrushability for the extra spell damage that they don't really need. If someone still insist the need to add spell damage only items, feel free to add a whole new subsection listing them. (Though I doubt this is needed.)
Nevertheless, this page is far from complete. Some sections don't have tables yet, so plz help making them if you have time. (I hope you can stick to the current format.) Good blue items and good enchant are probably all here iirc, so make sure you have very good reason if you want to add more of these. Someone plz add those missing tanking epics, as well as those green and epic gems. I'll work on Kara starting/completing set later. WakemanCK 12:32, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Changed the sample set section to several links to an existing page. Also revised all the sets on there. Those sets were terrible previously, as I mentioned above. The best part is when I was editing the spell damage set, which was supposed to give the best threat generation for the wearer, contained the worst gem it could ever have, almost worse than leaving it empty ---- Bracing Earthstorm Diamond! This gem gives you an amazing +26 healing, an excellent +9 spell damage, and the wonderful 2% threat reduction!!! I wonder what was the idiot thinking when he added this gem. It is also interesting that no one had noticed it and corrected it.
- Anyway, the whole page is already cleared of "misleading & wrong" information now, so I changed the cleanup tag reason to need convertion to tables & need adding back missing epics. Plz continue with the work! WakemanCK 03:09, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
- Trying to move the lists into more organised tables. Would it make it easier to read if the tables were all a consistant width and enchantments for all items were moved to a separate section? I'm not entirely convinced by some of the items listed and some are completely excluded. Probably easier to change after table-ing everything however. INerdier (talk) 21:55, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Ready for more items in this list? Edit
A lot of this gear seems either out dated or far lacking what options are out there. For example I believe out of all the neck items, the Kara Maiden neck wasn't even listed and is far superior to the items displayed. Is the author of this page ready for people to add more gear? Jackelmyer