Note:  The actual item "The Twin Blades of Azzinoth" is still an artifact.
One artifact per server? Edit
Is it true that there will only be one of each artifact per server? Like, after one person gets Frostmourne, no one else can get it.
- They aren't even out yet. So anything you hear about artifacts should immediately say "That's not true". --Sky (t | c | ) 08:19, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- I think I'd be disappointed with Blizz for allowing anyone to have Frostmourne. It's too ... special, for every wrong possible ruin. Allow I imagine the irony comes from the fact that the person to wield it would have given away their soul to the game anyway and be a slave to the dark powers in Azeroth. :) Paynes 01:20, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- Question is if we will be able to wield Frostmourne at all, as that was what began to corrupt Arthas in the first place. --Lundt (talk) 07:07, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
Artifacts are Red Edit
- The removed list of items are not heirlooms (the section name also makes no sense now), even if their names are gold.-- 02:27, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Artifact vs Heirloom Edit
(aka bind to account items)
Watch what happens if you try mail your 'baby blizzard bear' to someone on a different account
Error is "Artifacts can only be mailed to your own characters."
Anyone tried it with the actualy "heirloom" items? Artifacts have long appeared in gold, wether intended to be red or not, links to Martin Thunder /have/ been seen on live servers, and that turns (turned?) up with the gold link back then, same as the heirlooms do.
Not entirely sure the client / server its self knows the difference right now, which is a moot point since artifacts aren't player accessible anyway however... Something to think about.
- Heirloom items follow the same artifact rules as the blizzard bear, saying "Artifacts can only be mailed to your own characters" if trying to mail to a different account. Accounts which you have merged into a battle.net account cannot mail heirlooms to eachother either, despite what the error message says. By merging multiple accounts into a single battle.net account you've proven that you own them all, which makes all characters on all the accounts "your characters". --Lundt (talk) 07:14, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- Are Heirlooms a "higher" quality than Artifacts or is it like Cold Weather Flying which isn't really a "higher" level than Artisan Riding? Rolandius (talk - contr) 03:32, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- There are not any Artifact quality items currently obtainable in the game, but they would be higher than Legendary, if they were introduced. Heirloom quality items do exist, and they are roughly equivalent to Rare quality items, but they are a special case, with scalable stats from lvl 1 to 80. I don't think we're likely to see players with artifacts any time soon, but the code is there in the game API (in API GetItemQualityColor, at least), and they are distinct from heirlooms, despite currently using the same colour. --Murph (talk • contr) 03:39, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Don't quote me on this, I'd need to check to be 100% certain, but they are equivalent to an item level 187 blue at level 80 - the same as the items from the level 80 normal mode instances. So, not incredible or particularly special at 80. I'm not quite sure how they scale, but I'd assume from the stats they have at 80 that they will be roughly equivalent to the best blue gear you could normally get for your current level. They most likely appear down the list on Wowhead simply due to the number for their quality level in the API (7). Normal items are 0 (poor) to 6 (artifact). --Murph (talk • contr) 05:20, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oh I see. Using the Thottbot scoring method, with Reforged Truseilver Champion as an example, I got a score of about 1,051. It is right below Dreadlord's Blade, which has a score of 1,082 and an item level of 187, so I think that matches your thoughts, at least when I used Reforged Truseilver Champion as an example. Rolandius (talk - contr) 05:32, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, that sounds about right. I think the basic idea is that you can earn them on your level 80 characters, and they might be good for your 80s for a little while, but then you can mail them to an alt and they will be good and never need replaced until the alt hits 80. So, it's effectively a way of allowing easier alt levelling, and some pretty cool items on your alts, but probably not significantly overpowered. I guess they might work for levelling from 80 to 90 in version 4 (if such a thing is ever released), although they might leave them as "Requires level 1 to 80" and force us to buy new level 90 heirlooms (total speculation). --Murph (talk • contr) 06:01, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Game Masters and Artifacts Edit
"It should be noted that since GameMasters are not connected to the physical game world of warcraft, and simply operate on a text based user interface, none of these items actually exist and are merely based on creation date fan-fiction. Thus there are currently no artifact level items currently in existance and the above list is theoretical only."
Is this even accurate? I've definately seen GM avatars before (aka they are the guys wearing the black and blue robes), so claiming they only use a text-based interface is flat out false. And saying that these items are "fan-fiction" (or theoretical) is definately wrong. They "exist" in the game code, they just don't actually drop. They are, for all intents and puroses, GM-only items. I would edit this myself, but I honestly don't know where to begin here. Maybe I will just remove this paragraph and someone can write something better if they have a better idea. --WarlockSoL (talk) 18:59, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
artifacts in cataclysm Edit
with the archeology profession comeing p in cataclysm isnt it possible that you could receive a artifact wepon as part of the profession. as artifact would fit well with archeology sorry for my spelling if thats not right. maybe like an archeology only quest or like something only a high level one can get.Biscuit12 (talk) 03:05, February 6, 2010 (UTC)Biscuit12
- It's theoretically possible, but highly unlikely. I can't see them giving out the best weapons in the game for leveling a secondary profession, especially since they've stated their intention is that everyone will be maxing it out. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 03:47, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see them ever adding Artifacts period. User:Coobra/Sig4 04:19, February 6, 2010 (UTC)