Turning a HealerEdit
A Argent Healer can become a zombie but to do so requires them to be in battle until the change occurs. The moment battle has ended an unturned Argent Healer will cure themselves of the plague. --Foxwidget (talk) 19:57, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
They are part of the current Zombie event. When a player or some of the NPC is infected by a fully turned zombie.The status ailment had a 10 minute countdown.
If an infected character(PC or NPC) is not cured by Argent Healer or disease removal effect they will turn into a Zombie when the countdown ends. A target can be turned also if an attack from a turned character occurs for a long duration or the target dies. As a Zombie your health degrades without anyone attacking you, attacking a target heals a zombie. A player is a Zombie you have these skills
40 yd Range
Instant 20 sec cooldown
Beckon up to four zombies to you.
They must not be in combat.
Instant 30 sec cooldown
You and nearby zombies gain a temporary burst of speed, to help catch your food.
Removes any move impairment or crowd control effect.
Channeled 1 min cooldown
Burst into pieces, destroying yourself but infecting those around you.
Instant 3 sec cooldown
Increases your next attack by 20 damage and reduces the target's armor by 3%.
20 yd Range
Instant 30 sec cooldown
Retch on the ground!
Humanoids in it are slowed and infected.
Zombies in it are healed.
This is all the info I have so far. Additional: If a turned NPC or PC comes too close to a Argent Healer they are killed via a channeled ability. Also non-attackable characters can be infected by the Retch! ability. --Foxwidget (talk) 02:41, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- The debuff can be cleansed, but it appears to mutate, becoming progressively harder to cleanse. Heenk (talk) 02:50, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Retch! can cause both the Zombie infected status ailment as well as Wretched! You have been slimed! Movement speed slowed 40%. Get out before your infected! --Foxwidget (talk) 03:14, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Important note, when a player is fighting NPCs as a zombie your armor will take damage. --Foxwidget (talk) 03:43, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Children NPCs seem to be immune to the disease. --Foxwidget (talk) 03:48, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Q: How do I become a zombie?
- A: Disease-infected crates are scattered throughout the cities of Azeroth, spreading a sickness that transforms its sufferers into zombies. And of course, when zombies attack, their victims can be afflicted by the disease as well.
- Q: How do you stop being a zombie?
- A: The disease can be cured by other players who can cast ‘Cure Disease’ or by special healer NPCs in the cities. Once the disease has run its course and a character has become a zombie, the only cure is death.
- Q: Can I become a zombie again?
- A: Yes.
- Q: As a zombie, what are some things I can/cannot do?
- A: You can no longer cast the spells/abilities that you had as a normal character, and formerly friendly NPCs now consider you an enemy. You can, however, cast new, unique zombie spells.
- Q: Anything else I should know while being a zombie?
- A: As a zombie, you are part of a special faction that is friendly with all zombies and can converse with them, regardless of whether they were part of the Horde or Alliance in their mortal existences." --Foxwidget (talk) 04:17, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- In Booty Bay there are "Conspicuous Crates" when their used you get the zombie disease. The text from them is "Forboding runes are carved on the side of this crate..."--Foxwidget (talk) 04:43, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- As a zombie some monsters that are normally agro become attackable neutral. Humanoid mobs can be turned into zombies. You are still able to loot corpses, even of ones that turn. --Foxwidget (talk) 05:10, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Rock flayer can be turned. --Foxwidget (talk) 05:43, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
How many days will this event last? I can't play until Saturday and this is probably the most exciting thing that I have wanted to take part in in a long time. Seldo (talk) 05:51, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- There is no solid word as of yet, speculation has it possibility being in till the WotLK expansion's release. --Foxwidget (talk) 06:19, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
More bits of info:
Quests where you need to X number of mob, do not seem to be able to be completed by zombies. Turning a mob into zombie via the infection and killing the zombie doesn't provide loot or killing credit.
Players affected by the zombie status are temporary change to a new Zombie Faction. To regular players text spoken in say/shout will show as ... brains or some combination this will show as regular messages to turned Zombie players no matter their living faction.
All guards seem to be agro to Zombies. And zombies are flagged as killable to players in most zones(shat excluded), attacking guards or players on a PvE server will cause the PvP flagged for your faction into your life for the normal time. NPC Zombies normaly will go for infectable characters over non-infectables, so if a target has a pet they will often attack the attacking pet owner ignoring the pet until the owner is dead.
Turned zombie characters don't gain experience.
- Unconfirmed, there has been talk that zombies of the different factions can directly trade items. --Foxwidget (talk) 15:40, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
There is a Zombie infestation page now, copied materials from here to it.