Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I know they probably mean "Anzud" rather than "Anzu" with the name, but I just can't help not to take a murderous horrible vile elite dark lord monstrous mastermind abomination creature named Apricot seriously. Xavius, the Satyr Lord (talk) 09:38, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
- In any case, what with "Reins of the Raven Lord" being mentioned as well as the whole ancient prophecy business, I can't help but think about the song "Ravenlord" by Stormwitch (covered by HammerFall) and how it might've been the inspiration behind all this. o_0 DacianWarlord (talk) 19:34, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- As it's currently debated again whether "anzu" means "apricot" in Japanese (something which only a native speaker could really settle) I've consulted some online translators/dictionaries, and all I've ever came up was anzu (アンズ) and apurikotto (アプリコット) For example, Freedict gave me the rōmaji anzu/apurikotto, Babylon gave me アンズ, while Google had アプリコット, which I could convert with Animelab's Translator to anzu and apurikotto, respectively. Until a native speaker confirms or denies this, I'll put it up again. ~ Nathanyel (talk) 09:05, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
- PS: Even wikipedia states it means apricot... ~ Nathanyel (talk) 09:08, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
I have two native speakers of Japanese confirm that 'anzu' does not mean 'apricot' in Japanese. Anzu is however a description of the color of an apricot. Also, I have had one of these native speakers look at the translation websites and confirm that the katakana syllabary refers to the color of apricot (much like a crayon from Crayola can be called 'peach').
With that said I have not changed the article, as my sources cannot be properly cited, as Nathanyel has asked me to do. Based on this new information, I will leave the correction of the article up to the commenters that have more activity on this site.
- Well that's certainly a better thought on this. Additionally, I finally had the idea of just going from English wikipedia's Apricot to the Japanese version アンズ, which seems to be the article about the fruit. Probably a more reliable source than an online translator. However, when I try to translate this via Google, it does mention that the word can also mean "peach color (pink Tang)". I'd say anzu is the most common word for the fruit because of the color (like orange, just the other way around) and apurikotto being the transcription of the European term. So, I'll change the article to include the color, too, but the base statement, that anzu refers to the fruit apricot, remains true. Your friends aren't wrong, maybe it's a regional thing. How would they call an apricot, btw? ~ Nathanyel (talk) 16:03, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
I was looking at those macro's (the ones that bring the Bird Spirits to life) and was wondering if the following works even better?
|Eagle Spirit (AoE damage)||Hawk Spirit (Mitigation)||Falcon Spirit (Haste)|
/cast [target=Eagle Spirit] Rejuvenation(Rank 1)
/cast [target=Hawk Spirit] Rejuvenation(Rank 1)
/cast [target=Falcon Spirit] Rejuvenation(Rank 1)
If I get a chance, I'll try this and see if it works. That way you only click the macro once, and do not loose your current target. -Smack005 28aug08
- No. [target=unit] can't do that, it's only a conditional with some basic assignment stuff. This doesn't go further than selecting the target's target, the focus or the unit under your mouse pointer for a cast. The macros in the article work, and they are not really that much longer. ~ 00:28, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
Automated transfer of Problem Report #11716 Edit
The following message was left by Oversmoelf via PR #11716 on 2008-07-10 12:51:39 UTC
Im not sure its totally incorrect, but either it IS indeed possible for 2 druids to complete the quest and we should then remove the information at http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Vanquish_the_Raven_God or it is not possible and the information on this page is not correct.