Just reading Tides of Darkness and as far as I can tell Faol did not know about the destruction of Northshire and particularly it's Abbey as he asked Lothar whether it survived.
And further to that how do we know his name may have been Farol? Seems like a big assumption. Paynes 20:43, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- First off, multiple accounts may exist for Faol and what happened between first and second war. This may have lead to conflicts existing between sources. I suggest you look at our lore policy for when this happens, WoWWiki:Lore policy#Conflicts.
- As for "Farol", Shadows & Light calls him "Farol", and a later RPG book, Alliance Player's Guide discusses that Archbishops take on a new name when they become Archbishop. Jarl for example became Benedictus. So if Faol had a previous name as is supported by info established in APG, then its possible that Farol was that name. In anycase the way its worded in the article points out that it is speculation, and not essentially known for sure.Baggins 20:53, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
Picture for Alonsus Faol Edit
The picture of Alonsus Faol recently added is not of him or intended to be of him. That drawing is from the WoW TCG, for the card Deacon Markus Hallow, seen here: http://wow.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cardid=3165 It is also used in the Hearthstone for the Temple Enforcer. Anyway, I see no point in putting pictures for characters if they were not drawn to be for that character, it is misleading.
- Agreed - thanks for the catch (and link)! Raylan13 (talk) 21:32, September 13, 2014 (UTC)
- I found better Fan art.REnning2 (talk) 23:44, September 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Good catch. At the very least, I think we could merge the content from Alonsus Faol and Archbishop Alonsus Faol into a single article, as both are practically lore articles covering the same character. The Alonsus Faol (Order Hall) article is tricky however, as it chronicles a different version of the character who is actually in World of Warcraft, instead of simply being lore. In situations like this, I would personally be inclined to have a single article containing all information related to Alonsus Faol (as a one-stop spot for all necessary information), however I am not sure whether that opinion is shared between the other admins. In recent times, there have been situations where we have opted to use multiple pages for a certain character. For example, garrison followers have a separate article than their pre-follower NPC status. It might be best to consult Raylan13 or Fandyllic before going forward.
- -Sitb (talk) 11:20, February 2, 2016 (UTC)
I would go ahead and merge any (Order Hall) articles with the regular NPC pages as well. The original thought was that Order Hall NPCs would behave more like followers, but that isn't the case - they are normal quest givers. When, and if, they show up as followers (like Vanessa VanCleef), then we'll make a separate follower page. So for Vanessa, she'll have her normal page which includes her role as a quest giver even in the rogue's Order Hall - but she also becomes a follower, so we'd have a page for that. Hope that makes sense Raylan13 (talk) 16:04, February 2, 2016 (UTC)