Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Member of the Six?Edit
I think we could add some speculation about him becoming member of the six of the kirin tor after kael'thas left the six. He also appears in the Violet Citadel as one of the rulers.--Cyrdaz (talk) 19:32, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes, he must be one of the ruling members. The Horde section in Dalaran is named after him, so he is most likely granting them sanctuary. - Dragola
I searched articles in WoWWiki concerning Aethas and I found "The Six" and "Kirin Tor" already accepting him as a member of "The Six". So would you agree if I'll delete the "Speculation" template? --Cyrdaz (talk) 18:32, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Who is underneath the mask?Edit
Actually it isn't that odd, Look at Romath, he is the leader of the Magisters and he also wears a mask (although it does not cover his eyes). Could be Belf fashion for Magisters and Mages hehe--Dehnus (talk) 11:01, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry couldn't resist posting. Yes what you call "Belf fashion" might even be the T7 Set for mages. I saw a lot of movies which concerning this.
I think Aethas wears a mask because it simply looks more evil. In a way he represents the Horde in the Kirin Tor. And members of the Horde should look evil :P--Cyrdaz (talk) 11:34, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- Stop that talk right now. Do not start this war again.-- 21:15, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- As intriguing as it is to guess if he's really someone in disguise (Anasterian! Kael'thas! Dath'remar! Dar'khan! Xavius! Hellscream!), it's probably just because it's cool. That this is the Tier Seven set is a reasonable assumption, can anyone confirm this?
Not only is Kael dead though, he's missing a head. Plus, how would he have sneaked into Dalaran all the way from Sunwell Plateau? Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 02:04, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
The Lich King obviously raised him from the dead, anyway I hope nobody minds that I went ahead and changed that. -Don Quijote (Talk) 02:53, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Lorewise, taking off someone's head tends to prevent reanimation, unless they're used in the creation of an abomination or something. I do think its odd that he wears a mask, as almost all npc's have their faces showing. Anyway, I'm surprised that Ragestorm hasn't anounced that this isn't a forum, so we should probably drop it before this discussion gets out of hand.Tweak the Whacked (talk) 04:50, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Hey, I was just asking to make sure if it's something that should be there, and if it isn't then I or someone else could delete it. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 19:10, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Furthermore... wouldn't there be a nice big crystal sticking out of his chest creating quit the bump ;). Nah, I don't think he is in disguise. It probably just is to make him look cool and sinister (not evil just mysterious). That was what I mend with Fashion Statement ;).--Dehnus (talk) 20:09, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
It is quite the possibility that Rhonin understood Kael'Thas' plight, and he had to do what he had to do to save his people and let him back into the Six. Others might have worried that he was crazy and wouldn't have wanted him there, so they changed his name and covered his face As for the crystal -- Dont they have surgery/First aid in WoW? I just see how coencidental that the two's name are very similar; Aethas, Kael'thas - Sunreaver, Sunstrider (Ignoring the fact that most Bloodelven names have 'sun' in them) Perhaps we might just see a 'Remove Your Descuise' Quest sort of what Onyxia had.--Elofan (talk) 20:05, 15 December 2008
- We cut off his head. It's hard to believe that he sprouted another one back. User:Gourra/Sig2 08:23, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
"Magisters Terrace was only a set back!" Yeah I just had to put that in.. No way he's Kael though, Rhonin wouldn't forgive someone of the burning legion and no matter how pwng you are you can't re-attach your own head. CaiuNariz "Magister's Terrace was only a set back!"
He said Tempest Keep was a set-back, not Magister's Terrace. Big, furry, and insane (Have a conversation with the homocidal furry!) (Come and stalk me! ...No, wait, please don't.) 19:42, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Letters dropped and Reaver added Edit
Kae lthas Sun striderreaver
Reave (The action of a Reaver) is: 1. To seize and carry off forcibly. 2. To deprive (one) of something; bereave.
It could just be a coincidence though.
I can honestly tell you now it IS coincidence.
When they say reaver, they mean the weapon, not the action itself. And honestly, I think Blizz didn't really even realize you could re-spell his name as Kael'thas. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 03:26, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- *facepalm* I think it's been said enough times: it's merely a coincidence. If we start to interpret peoples' last name literally, we could probably find some strange names. For example, did Kael'thas walk long steps on the sun? Because that's what Sunstrider means. User:Gourra/Sig2 07:51, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oh I know it isn't; I've seen the face under that hood. And it won't be Kael'thas. User:Gourra/Sig2 03:14, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Tier 8 Edit
If you've got the citations for it and you aren't a speculation-crazy numb-skull who feels like saying every weird and twisted theory that comes to mind is true, I'd say it's a-ok. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 20:13, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
It is not confirmed yet, since its from the NYI ulduar tier 8 models, but on Darion Morgraine's article, there is the line saying he is also using it. Pudim17 (talk - contr) 16:35, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Member of the Six, how? Edit
I'm wondering, the Blood Elves got expelled from Dalaran because of obvious reasons. Now, how exactly can someone become a member of the Six if he's expelled? Where's the logic in this? Oberscht (talk) 06:53, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- Council of Six != Dalaran. Letter of Introduction to Wyrmrest Temple (Horde) explicitly says that Aethas Sunreaver is a member of the Council of Six, so he is. --User:Gourra/Sig2 09:17, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Don't think about it too much. Blizz makes these kind of screw-ups every now and again. Big, furry, and insane (Have a conversation with the homocidal furry!) (Come and stalk me! ...No, wait, please don't.) 19:39, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- I don't remember dalaran kicking the blood elves out, just garithos kicking them out of the alliance. It's possible Aethas was a high elf member that never left even when he turned Blood. I don't see how this is a "screw up" on Blizzards part or even all that odd. Twas Brillig (talk) 16:40, October 11, 2009 (UTC)