- Created a template for it :) See the page end. 10:45, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Total points reward? Edit
- It just tells you how many points you have at the moment. Not heard any plans to make a physical reward. 19:16, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Achievement list / patch differences Edit
This may be of some use to editors here : http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/wotlk/ has all the achievements in the current patch listed (together with points, rewards, faction affiliation, prerequisites, and achievement objectives). While that information is "out there" on one or two of the larger sites, I have not seen it this complete yet -- but that's not the thing that might be interesting to editors :) I also implemented a differ for this data, so you can compare changes made in new patches easily (for instance, http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/wotlk/ach/8634?diff=1 tabulates all the differences from the Beta installer to its first patch; I intend to keep this updated for newer beta patches and eventually the final wotlk release, as well); when new patches hit, this could make it a bit easier to add the changes to WoWWiki; programmatic difference checks are usually a bit more thorough than human ones :-) Score (talk) 11:17, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- Cool. Very useful! 17:04, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- If it was a template that said "<Achievement name>: This NPC is the objective of a dungeon achievement, and is worth 5 points", or something along those lines, I would agree. 19:15, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- They're just a couple of list pages, so no need. We certainly don't need individual achievement pages, as far as I can tell. 19:15, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
What's more important: Alphabetic order of achievement name, order of appearance, or/and similar achievements?
Using General achievements as an example, it's currently in Alphabetic order, however, riding skills, vanity pets, and even tabards are not together. There's also a bunch of achievements appearing before those that would happen first, reaching unarmed skill of 400 is number 2 on the list, cause of the achievements name. Which brings us to the question, What's more important? User:Coobra/Sig3 21:29, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Build 8770 changes Edit
See http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/wotlk/ach/8770?diff=1 for a diff of last changes. 23:30, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
Achievement point template Edit
At some point, especially with the achievement database, is there a such thing as a Achievement Point template?
- The icon that looks like a shield and in the screenshot.
- EDIT: Great for our database and my achievement ideas...
Achievements without WotLK Edit
- Anyone know if you can view Achievments offline via The Armory or something? Rolandius (talk - contr) 09:31, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- The achievement system is being added to all of WoW - even if you do not have WOTLK nor BC - the Classic players will still get the achievment system - but can not do the achieveemnts that require BC or WOTLK just as we can not do the WOTLK achievements untill we get WOTLK when it is released -- ( Morph | Contribs | Talk ) 23:34, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- Blizzard says they plan on making the Achievements viewable ( at a later time ) via wowarmory but did not give any dates as to when this would take place - and yep they said that All of their games Diablo III and Starcraft II will have Account achievements as well -- ( Morph | Contribs | Talk ) 23:30, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
Anyone making a Boilerplate for this?
I havent played WoW since late september (last day of Brewfest actually haha) and I'm wondering about the Achievements for the quests, esxploration etc. Will you automatically get the achievements if you've already did them? For example, I've done Stratholome, Scholomance, BRD etc, will I get those achievements or will I have to re do them? I'm also waiting for my game card very soon and a little dissapointed that I'm missing out on the zombie infestation and WOTLK events. Thanks to whoever can answer my question.--Mistertrouble189 (talk) 20:40, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- IF there was a quest to kill the boss and you did the quest or if you have a loot item ( listed on the WowWiki achievement page ) for that boss - then you will get the achievement when you log in - but most of the Classic WoW bosses do not have quests for them nor did they give specific loot items - so those you might have to redo again - most of BC you wont beause they had Quests for them or had Specific loot items for them - ( Morph | Contribs | Talk ) 20:50, 20 November 2008 (UTC)