Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Swords are edged Melee Weapons, usually taking the form of a long, narrow blade with a short handle or hilt. Some swords have one primary edge, some have broader blades, and even others have longer hilts, but all generally rely on the ability to slash an opponent with only occasional piercing attacks. They come in one-handed and two-handed varieties.
- Both one-handed and two-handed swords can be wielded by Death Knights, Hunters, Paladins, and Warriors.
- Rogues, Mages, Monks, and Warlocks can wield only one-handed swords.
- Swords can be enhanced by Enchanting, poisons by Rogues, and by Sharpening stones.
- Humans have sword and mace specialization, increasing Expertise with these weapons.
- Many one-handed and two-handed swords are craftable via the Blacksmithing profession. Blacksmithing also offers other weapon enhancements, such as Weapon chains and Counterweights.
Vs. Other Melee WeaponsEdit
Swords, Maces, and Axes come in both one-handed and two-handed varieties.
- Swords and Axes are virtually identical for the purposes of the game. Some classes can wield swords but not axes, such as Warlocks, or have specializations in one or the other. But damage and enhancement effects are the same.
- Swords can be temporarily enhanced through Sharpening stones, whereas maces and staves are enhanced through Weightstones.
- Daggers and one-handed swords have essentially the same mechanics except that daggers must be wielded by Rogues to activate certain abilities.
- All two-handed weapons, including two-handed Swords, polearms, and staves, have essentially the same game mechanics.
- , the legendary blade of Alexandros Mograine.
- , the weapon of Thunderaan
- and , the legendary weapon set consisting of two swords, wielded by Illidan Stormrage
- , the weapon of Anduin Lothar (speculated)
- , apparently stolen by Arthas and corrupted.
- , an ancient Night elven blade.
- , the reforged blade of Quel'Thalas. Obtained via a quest given by the .
- Other respectable swords (also somewhat easier to obtain)
- , the two-handed sword of Morgan Ladimore
- , the two-handed sword dropped off of Rajaxx in Ahn'Qiraj
- , a sword dropped from Hakkar the Soulflayer in Zul'Gurub.
- , seemingly the partner of Zin'rokh, this sword is dropped from Zul'jin in Zul'Aman.