- This article is about the Druid Cat Form ability. For the hunter pet ability, see Swipe. For the removed Bear Form ability, see Swipe (Bear).
Swipe (Cat) is a druid ability learned at level 22 for those with the Feral specialization. It is intended as a way to deal damage to multiple targets.
Modified by Edit
- Feral abilities
- Hits all targets considered to be in front of the druid and within melee range.
- The damage has a chance to crit on more than one target.
- Useful for farming multiple mobs that are a few levels lower than the caster and who will die quickly or to deal what can be some sizeable AOE damage to a group of PVP opponents.
- Use of this ability should be carefully weighed in certain situations, especially in instances or raids, since it uses most of the druids's energy.
- Combine with and and a high crit chance to deal a very large amount of damage when in close quarters combat, especially useful in pvp.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.1.0 (24-Feb-2015): Swipe damage increased by 20%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Swipe now requires the Druid to be in Cat Form and is available only to Feral Druids.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Swipe (Cat) has been reduced to 340% weapon damage, down from 415%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Swipe (Cat) now deals 600% weapon damage at level 80 or higher, down from 670%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Swipe (Cat) damage has been doubled.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Percent of weapon damage done reduced from 260% to 250%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now properly affected by area-of-effect damage caps.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Added.