Sweeping Strikes is a warrior ability learned at level 60 for those with the Arms specialization. It is a 10 second self-buff and costs 10 Rage; for the next 10 seconds, all melee attacks hit both the target and an additional nearby opponent. This applies to any abilities used within the duration as well.
Modified by Edit
- Requires Melee Weapon Equipped.
- Damage dealt from a Sweeping Strike will never crit.
- Sweeping Strikes will not cause to strike a nearby opponent unless the nearby opponent has less than 20% health (does not consume a charge of Sweeping Strikes either).
- If you use a special attack like or on an opponent, it will strike the nearest opponent if you have Sweeping Strikes up. In the case of Mortal Strike, though, only the damage is dealt; the second mob will not get the debuff from the attack.
- Sweeping Strikes doesn't always work; if you don't see the damage above the second mob's head, chances are the enemies aren't positioned correctly. Try to move around so that they're close together and standing side-by-side to get the effect of the ability.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Sweeping Strikes now requires Battle Stance.; Sweeping Strikes now costs 10 Rage (down from 30 Rage).
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Sweeping Strikes' damage to secondary targets should no longer be affected by Resilience or PvP power if the primary target was a player as both had already been factored in for the initial damage calculation.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Mechanics changed
- Hotfix (2009-12-17): "Sweeping Strikes will now only trigger once per whirlwind rotation of Bladestorm."
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Corrected inaccurate information in combat log tooltip.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Death Wish and Sweeping Strikes have swapped locations in their respective talent trees.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Sweeping Strikes and Death Wish have swapped locations in the talent trees. Sweeping Strikes now lasts 10 seconds and affects your next 10 swings. This ability now works correctly in all cases with shielded targets. Before the patch, the number of swings was 5.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This ability will no longer be modified erroneously on additional targets by percent modifiers to your damage.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This spell has a number of fixes: When used in conjunction with Execute and the second victim is below 20% health, they will be hit with the full Execute amount. If the second victim is not below 20% health, they will be hit with normal melee swing damage; If the ability you are using does not deal damage, it will not use a charge of Sweeping Strikes; The extra attack it generates when used with Whirlwind now has the correct damage range; The additional attacks generated by this ability will now properly take into account the armor of the second target.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Sweeping Strikes will now ignore dead targets, and will ignore PvP enabled targets if you are not PvP enabled.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Sweeping Strikes bug fixed. It will hit more reliably and show up in combat log correctly.