Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Level||80 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Observance Hall, Utgarde Pinnacle|
Svala Sorrowgrave is the first boss of Utgarde Pinnacle. She is a vrykul who is being transformed into a val'kyr by the Lich King as players enter the room that she resides in. According to her intro quote she appears to have done a great service for the Lich King to be transformed and gain new power as a val'kyr. It is unknown what she accomplished to gain his blessing. Regardless, as the Lich King informs her of your group he assigns her to kill you.
Attacks and abilitiesEdit
- ω ϖ (Heroic modeω ϖ) Melee range—Inflicts normal damage plus 833 to 967 to an enemy. Instant. 2k on Normal, 4500 on Heroic.
- ω ϖ—Summons several jets of flame from nearby fires to strike at the caster's enemies. 0.5 sec cast. 4k on Heroic
- ω ϖ—Performs the Ritual of the Sword, sacrificing the target to the Lich King. 0.75 sec cast. Teleports one party member to the altar and summons three adds which channel spells holding the party member in place. A sword slowly descends toward the altar, and if the adds are not killed by the time the sword reaches the altar it hits the sacrifice target for 100% of its health.
Normal - This fight is quite easy. Sorrowgrave's damage is low, and the adds have low health.
Every 20 seconds or so she will sacrifice a party member. She rises to the ceiling and teleports the targeted member to the altar. Three adds appear and channel a spell holding the party member in place.
You have approximately 8 seconds to kill all the adds before the sword reaches the altar and kills the sacrifice target. Iceblock can be used to avoid the sacrifice, it is unknown whether other abilities also work. These abilities do not remove the sacrifice on Heroic Mode.
Heroic - The adds have much more health and apply a dot to any player who casts a direct damage spell on them. Having substantial AOE damage is useful for killing the adds in time.
|How to solo on heroic mode|
- Svala yells: My liege! I have done as you asked, and now beseech you for your blessing!
- Image of Arthas yells: Your sacrifice is a testament to your obedience. Indeed you are worthy of this charge. Arise, and forever be known as Svala Sorrowgrave!
- Svala Sorrowgrave yells: The sensation is... beyond my imagining. I am yours to command, my king.
- Image of Arthas yells: Your first test awaits you. Destroy our uninvited guests.
- Svala Sorrowgrave yells: I will be happy to slaughter them in your name! Come, enemies of the Scourge! I will show you the might of the Lich King!
- I will vanquish your soul!
- Ritual of the Sword
- Your death approaches.
- Go now to my master.
- Your end is inevitable.
- Any last words?
- Killing a player
- You were a fool to challenge the power of the Lich King!
- Your will is done, my king.
- Another soul for my master.
- Nooo! I did not come this far... to...
- Hotfix (2010-02-09): "Svala Sorrowgrave in Utgarde Pinnacle should no longer get stuck in the air during her transformation phase."
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): Svala Sorrowgrave now casts Ritual of the Sword 1 time during the encounter, down from 3.