Summon Succubus is a core warlock ability learned at level 28. It allows warlocks to summon a succubus minion under their command, existing until dismissed or killed. While succubi have a basic attack, they also have a crowd control ability.
Modified by Edit
- Demonology abilities
- The succubus is particularly useful on enemies of a lower level than the warlock due to her higher damage output than the voidwalker.
- Because of her Seduction power, the succubus is a very useful pet for a warlock in most PvP situations. Her Lesser Invisibility power is also very useful; opponents will underestimate a warlock whom they believe not to have a pet out.
Removed chain EditNote: These quests are no longer associated with this particular mob/NPC/item.
The Succubus was rewarded from the following quests:
- There are at least 1,122 possible names for a Warlock's Succubus. As with other demon pets, this name is randomly selected with the binding of the succubus and based on a combination of prefix and suffix; possible prefixes include Ael, Aez, An, Ang, Bet, Bron, Bry, Carr, Catt, Dalo, Dar, Di, Dis, Dom, Drus, El, Eler, Fier, Glyn, Hel, Hes, Huk, Jhor, Kal, Lyn, Mir, Naz, Nim, Sar, Sel, Sy, Vil, and Zah and possible suffixes include aith, anda, antia, en, eri, erisa, erni, iana, ieth, ihala, lia, lissa, lith, lune, lynn, na, nar, neth, nia, nys, ola, ona, ora, rah, rida, riel, tai, thea, vina, vva, wen, wena, xia, and yla. Thus, while most NPC Blizzard-licensed succubus names are not possible names for a Warlock's bound succubus, an exception is found in the WoW miniatures game's succubus, Helwen.
- Reports of other in-game succubus names, such as Shaa'ron (perhaps inspired by the World of Warcraft Ozzy Osbourne advertisement) have yet to be verified.
- Succubi have a rather notorious idle animation set. She will either pose, admire her nails, or on occasion spank her butt and let out an erotic squealed "Oooooh!".
- The unique swimming animation for a succubus is, perhaps non-surprisingly, a form of breastroke.
- When you make /flirt or /kiss emote Succubi will love you, causing hearts to appear over your head and hers. This effect has a cooldown and is not reflected in the combat log but will disrupt invisibility until it can be recast.
- Voiceovers when summoned:
- "Now what?!"
- "Couldn't resist, could you?"
- "Hmmm, you're in trouble now."
- "Don't touch what you can't afford."
- Voiceovers when ordered to attack:
- "Let's have some fun."
- "Being bad never felt so good."
- "Let's get this party started."
- "Now you're talking."
- Voiceovers when ordered to cast a spell:
- "Quid Pro Quo."
- "As the master wishes."
- "You got it."
- "Say please."
- Voiceovers when dismissed:
- "Next time I'll be the master."
- "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."
- "Try not to miss me too much."
- "I hope it was good for you."
- Funny voiceover:
- "First we'll start with a little fire. Am I bugging you, I'm not touching you, am I bugging you, I'm not touching you. There - now you're hot AND bothered."
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.1 (Alpha): Level required increased to level 28. Cast time reduced to 2.5 sec. Cost changed to 1 Soul Shards.
- Patch 6.0.1 (24-Apr-2014): Description changed to "Summons a Succubus under your command to seduce enemy Humanoids, preventing them from attacking." Level required now level 20. Requires Warlock. Costs 25.0% of base mana and 20% of base Demonic Fury.
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): "Succubi are dangerous, close-range spellcasters. They seduce Humanoid creatures, preventing them from attacking." added to decription: "Summons a Succubus under the command of the warlock." 5 sec cast down from 6 sec.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Ability removed: Soothing Kiss, Ability added: Whiplash
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Health increased by 20%, armor increased 22%.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Succubus pets will be smarter about when to use Seduction.; Succubus pets can now autocast Lesser Invisibility.