Sudden Doom is a passive death knight ability learned at level 64 for death knights with the unholy specialization. Death knights are required to be in in order to gain the main-hand free Death Coil mechanic.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Sudden Doom no longer reduces the cost of Death Coil.
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Sudden Doom now requires the Death Knight to be in Unholy Presence to activate the effect that causes Death Coil to cost no Runic Power.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Added "Reduces the cost of Death Coil by 20%".
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Sudden Doom is now triggered only from main-hand auto attack, and is normalized according to weapon speed rather than having a fixed percentage chance.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Changed from tier 8 in Blood to tier 6 in Unholy, and no longer triggered by Blood Strike or Heart Strike.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now procs a free Death Coil instead of requiring you to push the button. Ranks reduced from 5 to 3.