- See also: Wizard of Oz for opera event details, including tactics and loot table.
- Basic Melee — Hits for roughly 4000 on cloth.
- Burning Straw — Chance to be disoriented for 6 seconds whenever hit by a fire spell.
- Brain Bash — Stuns for 4 seconds.
Warlocks, Mages, or Shamans can "tank" this boss by spamming Fire spells on him. They'll have to remain fairly mobile however, as his physical attacks will quickly kill a clothie tank.
- Note: Spells must be the highest rank, direct damage spells only. No AoE spells, or DoT spells. Molten Armor damage will not work either.
- Mage note: Scorch is probably the best way to burn him, it's quick and low cost and with good Bonus spell damage you'll hit him for 2% with it.
- Note for Frost Mages: If you are frost specced and tanking Strawman, Scorch tends to fail most of the time to stun him. When he activates, blast him with Fire Blast then get some distance from him. Then use your highest ranking Fireball. The DoT of Fireball keeps him stunned. Be sure to have a mana gem or mana pot in case you run out of mana.
- Warlock note: Immolate is considered a DoT, so it does not trigger the Burning Straw debuff. You'll have to spam Searing Pain and/or Incinerate. Searing Pain is also good at triggering Burning Straw.
- Note: A wand that deals fire damage can trigger the Burning Straw debuff.
- Now what should I do with you? I simply can't make up my mind.
Killing a player:
- I guess I'm not a failure after all.
- Don't let them make a mattress... out of me.
Strawman is an homage to The Scarecrow of The Wizard of Oz.