Stormstrike is a shaman ability learned at level 26 for those with the Enhancement specialization. It is an instant-cast spell that grants an instant attack with all equipped weapons and applies a 15-second debuff that increases the critical strike chance of the Shaman's Nature spells that hit the target by 25%.
Modified by Edit
- Enhancement abilities
- When cast, shamans instantly launch a melee attack against the current target. Shamans' weapon enchants have a chance to proc as normal.
- Stormstrike is not considered a spell, meaning it can still be used even while silenced.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Stormstrike now has a cooldown of 7.5 seconds (down from 8 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Stormstrike's debuff now also affects Elemental Blast, but now deals 380% weapon damage (down from 450% weapon damage).
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Stormstrike now deals 450% weapon damage, up from 375%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Stormstrike now deals 225% weapon damage, up from 125%.
- Hotfix (2009-04-17): "Totem of the Dancing Flame should no longer cause a target affected by Stormstrike to take additional damage."
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Charges have been increased by 2, and cooldown reduced by 2 sec. Uses the same animation as Mutilate
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Other shamans can no longer consume charges of your Stormstrike, and each shaman can have their own stormstrike on the victim.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Stormstrike has a new icon.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): With the advent of Dual Wielding, Stormstrike was changed to instantly attack with all equipped weapons.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Prior to patch 1.11, Stormstrike cost 30% of base mana and only reset the swing timer, so that it was only useful as an opener or just after a regular swing. It now acts as described, causing an instant, extra attack.