Increases armor by 125%, increases Stamina by 25%, reduces magic damage taken by 15%, and improves the functionality of Jab, Fortifying Brew, Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, and Expel Harm.
While in this stance, you will Stagger damage taken.
Stagger You shrug off physical attacks, causing 80% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 20% to be divided over 10 sec.
Stance of the Sturdy Ox is a monk stance learned at level 10 for those with the Brewmaster specialization. It is a tanking stance and provides a host of benefits, including the ability to stagger damage.
Staggering damage is unique to Brewmaster monks, allowing them to avoid taking a full, possibly lethal, amount of damage all at once. Instead, they take 80% of the damage up front, then the remaining 20% is applied over 10 seconds. This makes it much easier for healers to keep the monk alive, as well as allowing time for the monk to use [Purifying Brew] if high enough level.
0600Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 20% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.
0600Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Stance of the Sturdy Ox now also reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.; Stance of the Sturdy Ox now replaces Stance of the Fierce Tiger for Brewmaster Monks.; Stance of the Sturdy Ox now reduces the global cooldown of the Mistweaver Monk’s abilities by 0.5 seconds.; Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases Stamina by 25% (up from 20%), reduces magic damage taken by 10% (down from all damage taken by 25%), and grants a 50% increase to Armor, but no longer increases Energy regeneration.