Spirit of Redemption is a passive priest ability learned at level 30 for those with the Holy specialization. Upon death, the priest becomes the Spirit of Redemption for 15 sec. The Spirit of Redemption cannot move, attack, be attacked or targeted by any spells or effects. While in this form the priest can cast any healing spell free of cost. When the effect ends, the priest dies. Upon death you take on the appearance of a Spirit Healer hovering above your crumpled body.
Modified by Edit
While the priest is in Spirit of Redemption form, any healing spell is free of cost, which makes highly effective and expensive spells (such as AoE spells) especially useful. It is advisable to use spare time by casting preemptive spells like and .
In some cases, oom priests can sacrifice themselves to activate the Spirit of Redemption and prevent a full wipe, pairing with a soulstone for greatest effect. For example, in long, chaotic, or mana-intensive fights such as Blackheart the Inciter, it allows priests to use all their mana to save the group from a wipe. After dying, they use free heals as the spirit, then use the soulstone to resurrect and heal again, and again use free heals as the spirit.
- The spell's description is possibly a reference to Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi tells Darth Vader that "if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine," moments before Vader's lightsaber cleaves right through him.
- Sometimes Spirit of Redemption is jokingly referred to as "Improved Death".
- Spirit of Redemption is sometimes referred to as "Fail Angel," implying that the priest either "failed to keep him/herself alive" or that a tank "failed to hold threat" on a mob that killed the priest.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Purify, Halo, Cascade, and Divine Star can now be cast while in Spirit of Redemption form.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Spirit of Redemption has been rebuilt to address a few functionality issues and make it more responsive. Spirit of Redemption otherwise remains unchanged.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Spirit of Redemption and Spiritual Guidance now work while the priest is in Shadowform.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Spirit of Redemption has been upgraded to give 5% spirit to the priest that invests in the talent as well as lasting 5 more seconds than it used to.
- Patch 1.11.2 (11-Jul-2006): Fixed an error where Priests in Spirit of Redemption form did not benefit from plus to healing items.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Spirit of Redemption: This spell has a number of fixes: Spirit of Redemption form now has casting animations. Priests prematurely leaving battlegrounds with this aura on will now receive the Deserter debuff (as intended); Priests in Spirit of Redemption form at the completion of a battleground will have the aura removed without dying; It will now work correctly with the Darkmoon Card Twisting Nether item, resurrecting you after Spirit of Redemption has run its course; If you should die underwater the Spirit of Redemption will no longer have a breath bar appear; the Warlock Drain Soul spell will terminate producing 1 shard when the Priest switches to Spirit of Redemption form; You will no longer have to wait 30 seconds for graveyard resurrection upon your first death while using Spirit of Redemption.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Tooltip updated to be more clear.