|Source information needed!
- "It is not yet your time, I shall aid your journey back to the realm of the living." 
A Spirit Healer is an angelic (maybe an Angel) being. Spirit Healers wait within the astral realm / spirit world for those unfortunate adventurers whose spirits will soon join them. These floating figures of death and rebirth return people to life where their spirit stands. They are usually encountered at a graveyard after death. Although it can't be seen while dead, a Spirit Healer has blue skin and white wrappings. Its wings are a paler blue.
Spirit Healers are able to resurrect players at the cost of 25% durability loss to all items (both equipped and in inventory) at the graveyard where they are found. In addition, if you are resurrected by a Spirit Healer, you will suffer from Resurrection Sickness. As of patch 2.4, players that have the resurrection sickness debuff are worth no honor. This debuff decreases all of your attributes and damage dealt by 75%, and has a duration that varies depending on your level:
- Characters level 10 and under will NOT gain resurrection sickness.
- Characters level 11-19 will gain one minute of resurrection sickness for each level above 10 (i.e. a level 12 character will get 2 minutes and a level 15 character will get 5 minutes).
- Characters level 20 and up will gain 10 minutes of resurrection sickness.
If you run to a Spirit Healer at another graveyard and ask her to bring you back to life she will do so, but the resurrection sends you back to the graveyard at which you originally spawned as a ghost. However, if you log out and log back in, your character loses its association with that graveyard's Spirit Healer, so you will be able to return to life at the graveyard of the Spirit Healer you speak to. Thus, it is possible for a character to die in one zone, reach a spirit healer far away, relog, and resurrect safely at the nearby spirit healer. When relogging the minimap arrow () for the nearest Spirit Healer will also disappear. (This trick no longer works! I have used it in the past, but as of at least Oct 10, 2010 it no longer works!)
Normal Spirit healers do not appear in the Death Knight Starting Zone. They are replaced by Val'kyr Battle-maidens.
- The Spirit Healer's imagery is an adaptation of the archangels from Blizzard's Diablo series; in both cases, the "wings" of the beings are in fact tendrils of energy arranged in a wing-shaped configuration.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): When a player dies in an instance and then uses the spirit healer, the body in the instance now turns to bones.