Keeper of the grove
The region of southern Kalimdor (aka Southern Kalimdor or South Kalimdor) is the southernmost continent/region of Kalimdor, south of central Kalimdor. Southern Kalimdor is by far the wildest area of the continent of Kalimdor. Much of its lands are uncharted, and there are few settlements larger than small towns. Ancient ruins dating back to the Sundering — and earlier — dot the landscape. The terrain varies from thick forests and jungles to vast desert wastelands or bleak salt flats. The creatures that dwell there are vicious and deadly. One should not venture forth into the south without plenty of supplies and good, strong weapons at his side. There are five major zones in southern Kalimdor: Feralas, Thousand Needles, Tanaris, Un'Goro Crater, and Silithus. The last two are the hardest to reach, and are also uncivilized.
In southern Kalimdor, there are many areas where silithids occupy the land. The most occupied areas are Silithus and Tanaris. The silithid are also seen in Un'Goro Crater, Southern Barrens (subzone), Thousand Needles, and Feralas.
Southern Kalimdor, around Silithus Edit
It appears on most maps that Feralas and Thousand Needles are its northernmost zones.
- ^ "...natural divide between central and southern Kalimdor...", pg. 211. "...to scout southern Kalimdor...", pg. 226, Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game.
- ^ "...I recount my travels through northern, central and southern Kalimdor..., pg. 4. "Before heading into southern Kalimdor...", "He told me of five major regions southern Kalimdor...", pg. 49. "...throughout all of southern Kalimdor.", pg. 51. "Silithus was my last stop in southern Kalimdor.", pg. 53, Lands of Mystery.
- ^ "Chapter 3: Southern Kalimdor", pg. 3. "...Chapter 3: Southern Kalimdor...", pg. 156, Lands of Mystery.
- ^ Lands of Mystery, (map) pg. 49.
- ^ Lands of Mystery, pg. 49-50.