|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
|Location||Affliction, Tier 2|
Soul Siphon is a warlock talent that increases the effect of Drain Life and Drain Soul for each Affliction effect on the target.
Rank table Edit
|Rank||% Increase per effect||Max % Increase|
Affliction effects include:
- All warlock curses, including Curse of the Elements, Curse of Agony, and Curse of Doom.
- Corruption or Seed of Corruption
- Shadow Embrace
- Siphon Life
- Unstable Affliction
- Drain Life
It takes 3 Affliction effects to maximize the bonus.
Warlocks without any Affliction talents can contribute up to 4 Affliction effects at any given time (a Curse, Fear, a Drain spell, and Corruption). Warlocks having the Siphon Life, Unstable Affliction and Shadow Embrace talents can contribute 6 to 7 effects. Shadow Embrace does not stack and will only appear as 1 effect no matter how many Warlocks have the talent.
Some speculate that this talent allows Drain Life to be a viable alternative to Shadow Bolt spamming during boss fights, especially when there are lots of Affliction effects on the target. While it is much more efficent in conjunction with Life Tap, Shadowbolt almost always provides higher DPS.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Redesigned: Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life and Drain Soul spells by an additional 3/6% for each of your Affliction effects on the target, up to a maximum of 9/18% additional effect.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now also increases the damage of your Drain Soul.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Rank 2 changed to 4% increase per affliction effect from 5%. It no longer affects Drain Mana.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Introduced to replace the talents Improved Drain Life and Improved Drain Mana.