|The subject of this article was either removed from World of Warcraft or is no longer available due to the devastating Cataclysm.
|Casting time||Instant cast|
|1||22||40 and lower||30|
|2||38||55 and lower||1 20|
|3||54||70 and lower||2 80|
|4||70||85 and lower||10|
- If it is resisted, you will aggro the target. Spell hit rating gear or talents may help prevent this.
- Only usable on beasts and dragonkin.
Tips and tacticsEdit
- This spell can be cast on a beast with stealth detection and will allow a rogue to Sap a nearby mob. This has been confirmed to work on the hellhounds in Hellfire Ramparts.
- You can use this ability on mobs that patrol around a resource node (herb or mineral) and it will allow you time to gather and retreat; unlike Hibernate which will make you enter combat once the sleep wears off. If possible, enter Flight Form after casting Soothe to better your escape.
- This can be used to prevent chain pulls if two beasts are close together. Cast on the undesired add before pulling. Some mobs have a combined aggro field and cannot be separated this way.
- Another use is to mark targets for Hibernate, similar to how some mages once marked targets to be polymorphed with Detect Magic, prior to its removal from the game.
Patch changes Edit
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Can now be used on Dragonkin as well as Beasts. Is now instant cast.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Removed and changed to Soothe.