|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
- "A . . . little . . . help . . . here?"
Slow is a mage ability learned at level 36 for those that have chosen the Arcane specialization. It slows movement and increases casting time for 15 seconds. It is a 50% snare combined with a 50% negative haste debuff (25% versus players).
The Mages of Lordaeron have been able to create a spell that hinders both movement and reflex. By warping the very patterns of time that surround his target, Slow enables the caster to bring an enemy's offensive to a crawl. Time cannot be held in check by even the mightiest of Mages, however, so the effects of this temporal shift cease as the power of the spell wanes.
Slow is dispelled as a magic type debuff.
This spell will overwrite the debuff given from .
Tips and tricks
This is useful against most classes in PvP. For casters, the cast speed debuff is used similar to a warlock's Curse of Tongues, giving the mage a better window to interrupt with . For melee classes, the snare is as effective as any frost-based snare, and the cast is instant, meaning it can be cast on the run to better escape. For hunters that can't be kited, Slow at least reduces their ranged attack speed.
This ability counts as a snare for the purpose of Torment the Weak, but since every tanking class also has a snare, it is seldom necessary in PvE.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Slow now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Slow mana cost reduced.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Blink, Slow, and Spellsteal have all had their mana cost reduced.