Slice and Dice is a core rogue ability learned at level 14. It makes quick work of enemies by allowing rogues to attack more quickly than normal. It increases the speed at which hits are delivered, allowing more poison applications within a given time frame.
Modified by Edit
- Assassination abilities
- Combat abilities
- Subtlety abilities
- Slice and Dice is the best finishing move to use in raid situations. It increases white damage by 40%, and as most damage in a raid comes from white damage, it should always be up.
- The best strategy for slice and dice in raid setups is as follows: Premeditate, SnD, open with ambush, hemorrhage, backstab until 5+ combo points, rupture if not yet applied, re-cast SnD if nearly run out, rinse using eviscerate/ re-apply rupture. Keep SnD up, keep Rupture and Hemorrhage up.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Improved Slice and Dice and Glyph of Slice and Dice now update the duration of this ability.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%. Affects final rank.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The rogue ability "Slice and Dice" will no longer be reported twice in floating combat text when used.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This ability will no longer play its sound effect twice.