Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A skill is an ability that allows a character to perform some action or make some item that improves with use. The improvement depends on the difficulty of the action or the difficulty in creating the item. Professions are a subset of skills. Not all skills are professions.
As of Patch 3.0, all skills don't improve with use. Prior to this most did.
The rogue-only skills are:
- – Required Thieves' Tools before Patch 3.0, but no longer needs an item.
- – Does not improve with use.
Poisons– Prior to Patch 3.0, it worked like a profession. It has been removed from the game as a skill, and poisons are instead purchased ready to use. As of Patch 7.0.3, Poisons has further been restricted to only the Assassination specialization.
The death knight only skill is:
- – Allows death knights to engrave runes into their weapons, offering a variety of free weapon enchantments. Requires a runeforge.
- Defense skill – Improves your ability to avoid attacks. Some gear adds defense rating, which raises your defense skill above its normal maximum.
- Weapon skills (Melee and Ranged) – Each weapon type has an associated skill. As of Patch 3.0, these skills only determine whether or not you can use a weapon type.
- Alliance (Common, Darnassian, Dwarven, Gnomish, and Draenei)
- Horde (Orcish, Troll, Taurahe, Thalassian and Gutterspeak)
- Neutral (Goblin, etc.), not available to Player characters.