Sinister Strike is a core rogue ability learned at level one. It is a combat ability that deals a large percentage of weapon damage. You must have a melee weapon to perform. This move's relatively low energy cost coupled with its excellent damage make it one of the most important tools in the rogue's combat arsenal.
Modified by Edit
- Combat abilities
- Unlike abilities such as or , Sinister Strike can be used on any mob, in any position, in any combat state, and has no refresh rate beyond its energy requirement.
- Must be facing your target, and you must have a melee weapon equipped (and not be "disarmed").
- Often abbreviated to 'SS'.
- Although positioning isn't a requirement for using Sinister Strike, it is still recommended that you try to position yourself behind the mob you are attacking, as attacks from behind cannot be blocked or parried.
- It is recommended that you use a weapon with the highest average damage that you can attain for your main hand when using Sinister Strike, as the damage from Sinister Strike is calculated from a range between your weapon's minimum and maximum damage.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Sinister Strike now deals 10% more damage.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Sinister Strike deals an increased 240% of weapon damage (up from 145%), but now costs 50 Energy (up from 40 Energy).
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Sinister Strike only awards a Combo Point at level 3, when becomes available.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from talents which increase its damage by a percentage.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Now uses normalized attack power.