|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
Silencing Shot is a hunter talent available at level 30. It is an instant shot that silences the target for 3 seconds. It will interrupt spells being cast even if the target is immune to silence effects. The shot is off the global cooldown, allowing it to used "in between" other shots.
- Many monsters, instance and raid bosses in particular, are immune to silence effects. Some are also immune to interrupts.
- Does not share a cooldown with any other hunter abilities.
- The silence effect is considered to be an Arcane-based effect, meaning that mobs which are immune to Arcane magic will be immune to the silence effect.
Tips and tactics
- Can be used to force caster mobs to move, as they will usually try to enter melee range when silenced. This can be useful to get them to walk onto traps. This is especially useful in instances.
- Especially useful to prevent healers from healing your target in PvP, buying you a few extra seconds to get that Kill Shot off.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This ability will also apply a 3 second interrupt effect against non-player controlled targets, making it more versatile against creatures immune to silencing effects.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): This spell will now interrupt the current spell being cast on the target and lock out that school for 3 sec if the target is immune to silence effects.
- Patch 2.0.6 (23-Jan-2007): Silencing Shot now does only 50% of weapon damage instead of 75%.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): The tooltips for quick Hunter shots have been updated to show them as instant abilities.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.