|This article or section is likely to dramatically change once Legion begins.
Silence is a priest ability learned at level 52 for those with the Shadow specialization. It silences the target, preventing them from casting spells for 5 seconds; non-player victim spellcasting is also interrupted.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Now has a new icon.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Silence: Updated tooltip to include the functionality that this ability also interrupts spellcasting on NPCs.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This ability will also apply a 3 second interrupt effect against non-player controlled targets, making it more versatile against creatures immune to silencing effects.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Range increased to 30 yards.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): All Silence spells now have diminishing returns.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Silence (Shadow) global cooldown removed.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Several creature spells that silenced players are now properly flagged as silence effects, which will allow talents such as Unbreakable Will to provide a higher chance to resist the effects.