He, along with his faire, are the main characters of a graphic novel called "Blood Runs Thicker" in the Warcraft Legends -series. It is shown in the comic that he hates seeing violence happening at the faire grounds, but also that when his friends, or, indeed his "family of freaks" are threatened, he has no qualms about using violence in the service of justice.
- Step right up! Step right up! Greetings my friend. I'm Silas Darkmoon and I want to welcome you to the greatest show on Azeroth!
- It's the Darkmoon Faire friend, and it's your lucky day! Sparing no expense, we've gathered wonders and treats from around the world for your delight. Whether you're young or old, rich or poor, the Darkmoon Faire has it all!
- Amaze at the wonders that the Darkmoon Faire has uncovered in this vast and mysterious world! We have spared no expense in bringing you excitement that children of all ages will delight in!
- We have it all... delicious food, strong drink, exotic artifacts, fortunes read, amazing prizes and excitement without end!
- And, don't forget to turn in your Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets! All it takes is five or more and you're on your way to the most wondrous prizes on all of Azeroth. Everybody is a winner!
From the TCG EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft TCG, and thus is not necessarily canon.
- Silas Darkmoon may be a reference to Samson from the television series Carnivàle, played by Michael J. Anderson. Both characters are leaders of traveling carnivals, both dress similar and use a walking stick/cane, and both have similar stature. (Anderson has Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which made him very short.)
- His name may also be a reference to Silias Green from New Orleans.