Modified by Edit
- Core abilities
- Protection abilities
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.2 (1-Sep-2015): Shield Slam now deals 6% more damage.
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): The base damage of Shield Slam and Revenge has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%, and base damage brought up so that a level 85 warrior in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact. In addition, Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): The damage is now based on Attack Power.
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): The damage scaling from block value for this ability now diminishes faster and diminishes starting at a lower block value. The difference should be negligible for players in high-end tanking armor. In addition, the threat caused by Shield Slam has been increased by 30%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The benefit from additional block value this ability gains is now subject to diminishing returns. Diminishing returns occur once block value exceeds 30 times the player's level and caps the maximum damage benefit from shield block value at 37.5 times the player's level.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Shield Slam is now available to all warriors, starting at level 40 and damage slightly increased.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Shield Slam now always tries to dispel one Magic effect on the target.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Rank 3 of this ability no longer gets its cost reduced twice by the Focused Rage talent (Protection).
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This ability has received a redesign. It now costs 20 rage to use and the damage it does is modified by your shield block value. However, the base damage has been reduced. It generates more threat per rage and more damage per rage than it did previously.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Threat caused increased.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Added.