Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
See Dire Maul NPCs.
- Leave this place stranger, lest it consume you as it has all that it has touched.
- Do you know of the Highborne? The Shen'dralar?
- The Shen'dralar were Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists. It was within these very walls that the Queen's most important demands were processed - often in secret. After the destruction of the well and the subsequent lethargy that overcame the Highborne and lesser night elf sects, the Prince of Eldre'Thalas, Tortheldrin, began construction of the pylons that you see littering the halls of the west wing.
- The Prince plotted to imprison a demon of immense power behind a grand force field. The pylons would channel latent energies into the shield, keeping it operational. While imprisoned, Immol'thar would serve as a battery to the populace of Eldre'Thalas.
- The siphoned energies would sustain the Highborne's magic, allowing those within the walls of Eldre'Thalas to feed their endless and growing magical pangs. Thousands of years passed and the power required to keep Immol'thar imprisoned while sustaining life within Eldre'Thalas began to shift. The cost to keep Immol'thar bound grew to overshadow the rate at which energy could be siphoned and distributed. The once net gain turned to loss.
- The Highborne ghosts that you see wandering through the courtyard and halls of Eldre'Thalas were slain, not by invading Gordok ogres or satyrs, but by the Prince himself!
- The people were destroyed in order to preserve the Prince's immortal life and near limitless powers. The power once divided among thousands now funnels into the Prince and the Shen'dralar zealots. Those few remaining survivors are directly feeding power into the pylons in order to keep Immol'thar imprisoned. Should the demon break free of its bonds, it would surely destroy what little is left of this once great bastion of arcana.
Patches and hotfixesEdit
Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Added