- "SWP" redirects here. For raid instance, see Sunwell Plateau.
|Shadow Word: Pain|
|Darkness, Shadow Affinity, Improved Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Focus, Shadow Reach, Shadow Weaving, Vampiric Embrace, Mind Melt, Shadowform, Misery, Pain and Suffering, Twisted Faith, Mental Agility, Twin Disciplines|
- "Your pain is my pleasure." — Omedus the Punisher 
- This spell envelopes a target briefly in a cloud of dark energy conjured from the netherworld. 
Shadow tree talents:
- Darkness, increases the Shadow based damage by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Shadow Affinity, reduces threat by 8/16/25%, and when dispelled returns 5/10/15% base mana pool.
- Improved Shadow Word: Pain, increases the damage by 3/6%.
- Shadow Focus, increases chance to hit by 1/2/3% and reduces the mana cost by 2/4/6%.
- Shadow Reach, increases the range by 10/20%.
- Passive: Shadow Weaving, is a Shadow damage incremental buff. SW: Pain has increased damage by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Passive: Vampiric Embrace, if a target is afflicted with this spell, SW: Pain will heal the Priest (and entire party) for 15/20/25% of damage done (Improved Vampiric Embrace included).
- Mind Melt, increases the critical strike chance of periodic ticks by 3/6%.
- Shadowform, increases the damage done by 15%, and reduces threat by 30%, and gives SW: Pain (among other DoTs) to have a 100% increased critical strike damage bonus.
- Misery, when SW: Pain is cast, the target is debuffed with Misery, increasing spells' chance to hit by 1/2/3% for 24 seconds.
- Pain and Suffering, alters Mind Flay, giving it the opportunity (33/66/100% chance) to refresh the duration of an existing SW: Pain DoT on a target (note: Mind Flay does not create a SW: Pain on a target, it resets the existing DoT)
- Twisted Faith, when SW: Pain is on a target, Mind Blast and Mind Flay have increased damage done by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Discipline tree talents:
- Twin Disciplines, increases the damage done by 1/2/3/4/5% by all instant cast spells.
- Silent Resolve, increases resistance to dispel mechanics by 10/20/30%.
- Mental Agility, reduces the mana cost of all instant casts by 3/6/10%.
Almost every talent named here can be used in conjunction to improve this spell to its maximum (this excludes Improved Vampiric Embrace to a certain point).
- , granting the periodic ticks to restore 1% of base mana pool.
- Passive: , increases damage of Mind Flay when Shadow Word: Pain is on target.
- Shadow Word: Pain receives 110% (18.33% per tick) of your spell power.
- The 2-piece set bonus adds one tick.
Tips and tactics
- You can deal an immense amount of damage with just Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague. If you also happen to be Shadow spec, you can add Vampiric Touch to the mix for even more damage.