- "SWP" redirects here. For raid instance, see Sunwell Plateau.
Modified by Edit
- Holy abilities
- Shadow abilities
- With the shadow specialization, an immense amount of damage can be dealt with Shadow Word: Pain and . Adding to the mix results in even more damage.
- Shadowy Apparitions and Shadowy Insight are no longer able to trigger from SW:P initial direct damage.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Base mana regeneration rate for Shadow Priest has been increased by 200%, Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch mana costs have been reduced by 50% to compensate.; Shadow Word: Pain’s initial damage is now considered direct damage, not periodic damage.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% more damage.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Shadow Word: Pain damage done has been decreased by 12%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Shadow Word: Pain now will gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.
- Patch 2.0.6 (23-Jan-2007): The bonus coefficient for "Shadow Word: Pain" has been reduced by about 9%. This should result in about 5% less damage done by "Shadow Word: Pain" for the typical priest.