- Shadow's Edge
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Two Hand"Two Hand" is not in the list of possible values (Back, Chest, Feet, Finger, Hands, Head, Held in off-hand, Legs, Main Hand, Neck, Off Hand, One-Hand, Projectile, Ranged, Relic, Shirt, Shoulder, Tabard, Thrown, Trinket, Two-Hand, Waist, Wrist, Two-Handed) for this property.
- Speed 3.70
- 872 - 1309 Damage
- (294.7 damage per second)
- +185 Strength
- Red Socket
- Socket Bonus: +6 Strength
- Durability 120 / 120
- Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight
- Requires level 80
- Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 92.
Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 92.
Shadow's Edge is an epic weapon created from Light's Vengeance, the hammer of Arthas Menethil before he took up Frostmourne. Like Frostmourne, this blade is designed to consume the souls of its victims.
As the wielder of Shadow's Edge uses it to steal souls from the Lich King's minions in Icecrown Citadel, the Lich King will occasionally speak to them.
- The Lich King whispers: Take them, mortal. These souls will again be mine, soon enough.
- The Lich King whispers: Soon, mortal, you too shall have a blade for a prison.
- The Lich King whispers: Remember hero: I, too, once sought a weapon of great power...
- The Lich King whispers: I see you too are gathering souls for your own ends. Are we really so different, champion?
- The Lich King whispers: Yes, do it! Create your monstrous new weapon. It too will serve me when your soul is mine!
- The Lich King whispers: Bring me your weapon, champion, that I might feed it the soul of its master.
- The Lich King whispers: Look at you, child, would-be wielder of souls! You cannot fathom the power that lies at my command!
- The Lich King whispers: Come to me, pretender! Feed MY blade!
- The Lich King whispers: My challenges have strengthened you, champion! You shall serve me well!
- The Lich King whispers: Never have I had cause to regret sparing your life, mortal. Always, you find ways to amuse me.
- The Lich King whispers: The moment is soon at hand, mortal. You shall toil for eternity in a new Azeroth!
- The Lich King whispers: More souls, yes, more! You shall find it hard to stop.
- The Lich King whispers: The hunger your weapon feels is but a shade of what awaits. Do you want to see real hunger? Real power? Continue onward, hero! I am waiting.
- The Lich King whispers: You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here. No mercy. Icecrown has claimed the souls of better heroes than you.
- The Lich King whispers: Your heart... its incessant drumming disgusts me. I will silence it, as I did my own.
- The Lich King whispers: The Light will abandon you hero... Just as it did... me!
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.