|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Shackle Undead is a priest ability learned at level 32. It will shackle an undead enemy, making it unable to move or attack for the duration of the spell, and the creature will be visibly enclosed within chains.
- It does not work against Forsaken players, because they are classified as Humanoid and not Undead.
- It can however be used against death knights under the effect of Lichborne, as well as their ghouls.
- The spell is used to remove an enemy from combat when attacked by multiple enemies, giving you time to kill off some of the other enemies. As such, this spell is a form of crowd control.
- Shackle Undead interrupts any spells being cast when it lands, so it can also be used as an interrupt even if it is immediately broken by damage.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): No longer causes creatures to attack players when cast.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Mana cost changed to 9% of base mana in stead of 150 flat mana.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This spell will now always be removed correctly if multiple Priests overwrite each other’s Shackle Undead.