- This named mob doesn't have a rare mob loot table nor is it used in any quest objectives. It has a lengthy spawn timer and can be found at the ends of the Canals, such as right outside Stormwind Keep. It does not wander around after appearing, instead remaining stationary at whichever spawn point he happens to be at. Until Wrath of the Lich King, Sewer Beast was also unique in being the only tamable mob in the entire game to regularly spawn inside a capital city. It now shares that distinction with the Underbelly Croc.
- The creature is very large and yellow-brown with a light tint of white coloration on its body. It appears to be a very large that are more commonly seen in the Wailing Caverns.
- Three young boys that fish the canals will sometimes talk about Sewer Beast, but this is in no way an indication of its spawning. Also, it has been rumored that the creature is likely to spawn between 8AM-10 AM server time.
- It is hostile to both alliance and horde players.
- In the World of Warcraft Beta test, Sewer Beast was the largest tamable creature in the world, approximately the length of eight human characters lying down on the ground if lined up head to toe. After pet size normalization, Sewer Beast no longer has that distinction, but is still one of the least seen hunter pets on most servers.
- Sewer Beast is probably a reference to the common urban legend of crocodiles living in city sewers.