|This is an archive of Server talk:Whisperwind US.
* Please do not edit this page!
Notable Players Removal Edit
What should be done about the "Notable Players" section which seems to attract vandalism? There doesn't seem to be any helpful information in this section and being "notable" really has no solid requirements. If it were removed, I suggest we replace it with such info as a short history of server events and popular AddOns developed here. Boblo 14:28, 22 April 2007 (EDT)
I doubt removing the section would accomplish anything. The people currently editing and re-editing it would just reinstate it the next time they came around.
- Am I wrong in presuming that this section is here entirely to serve someone's ego, and has no relevant information in it whatsoever? If anyone thinks there's value in it, please be specific. If indeed it does have relevance to our server, we should make standards for acceptance of entries and how they are displayed. Boblo 09:14, 26 April 2007 (EDT)
I am only adding people whom I feel made a notable name for them self on the server. While I could add tons of people, I really kept it to a short few. I have been removing vandalism made by Munkey who is just adding people without reason or notability. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sagetastic (talk · contr).
- I've actually heard of Weruid, but mnky - a lvl 62 unguilded lock with horrible gear does not ring a bell. Boblo 05:26, 27 April 2007 (EDT)
The problem here is that you two are removing people who you don't know and you don't know whether they should be notable or not. From your comments, the only reason someone should be notable is if they have good gear? WoW is a community, the people I listed have had a big part in that community whether you two have run into them or not. Those people I listed are not all me and my alts. I had ONE alt listed. I've never heard of Weruid, to me he's a nobody... but I wouldn't assume that because he never entered my world that he's not notable at all. The only reason he was removed by me is simply because he took that assumption on himself. So we can have an endless edit war until one or all of us get banned or you can just leave stuff alone that you don't know about. Munkey 05:01, 28 April 2007 (CST)
- Don't list yourself, you are not notable. Boblo 00:24, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
- Self-listings have always been met with wrist slaps here. Munkey is blocked for 2 weeks. (Note: I will not be watching this talk page for changes) (T) 03:56, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
- Bah Mikk beat me to it. I was going to give a warning and advise the section just be removed. *shrug* less effort on my part :) 04:00, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
The people de-listed are notable, do you even play on whisperwind Boblo or are you just someone who logs in on occasion and thinks he knows something? Nevermind, I know the answer. User:Samuell 08:29, 01 May 2007 CST)
Taking Tekkub's advice and just removing the section. Whatever utility it provided isn't worth the hassle of this edit war. Astearns 10:02, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
Here, I'll copy Tobin's "Chronicles of Whisperwind" thread to make some white space before the important stuff.10:39, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
Good job on the section removal, stops people like Boblo from policing sections that don't have any real rules or requirements with his own self made ones. Don't you all think Sagetastic sould be banned for 2 weeks as well for adding his own toon to the list, "Weruid"? Seems only right since Munkey was banned for the same thing. User:Samuell 09:52, 01 May 2007 CST)
- The only reason I added my own character is because I am a well known forum troll as well as a druid known for being good at what I did. I made certain to put my name on there so if anybody wanted help or info on druid they could see I am notable. But since I have nearly ceased playing my druid I made sure to note I don't really play him anymore. And on Weruid, well he's just one of the best rogues I have EVER encountered. Well worthy of being notable. None-the-less, the removal of this section is a better idea than having edit wars. May 1, 2007
- Munkey/Samuell has 30 edits and 2 of them are an accepted contribution (pod guild and description). I'm not convinced that this "edit war" isn't just a few contributors reverting the same vandalism repeatedly. What a waste of time. 09:59, 2 May 2007 (EDT)
- You do know that you aren't helping this project at all. Please stop being an ass and make a worthy contribution. 12:00, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
- So asking for fair and consistent rules application constitutes "being an ass"? User:Samuell 14:11, 01 May 2007 CST)
- Calm down you two *grabs a ruler* I did suggest the removal, aye, and had Mikk not stepped in and banned I was going to threaten everyone involved with a timeout, not just Munkey. I was not going to ban outright, but give ya'all a few days to try to settle it on your own. But as it was Mikk that put his administrative foot down I'll leave it to him to do any further bans if he feels the need. I'll jab Mikk next time I see him since he said he wasn't watching this talk page. 17:00, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
I'm installing some tables for each rare gem with cuts under those headings. This will replace the alphabetical listings. I am open to suggestions on how to keep the look it has now while giving it this functionality.06:40, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
- Just updated it so the ToC has proper nesting, looks much better IMO 12:53, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
- Anyone feel like adding 2.1 gems? http://www.wowhead.com/?items=3&filter=cr=82:86:2;crs=1:7:2;crv=0:0:0 01:44, 14 June 2007 (UTC)