Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lets try to keep it as informative we can and still be neutral. Nosceteipsum 12:19, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
I think this page is somewhat too informal in its use of slang terms and general description and doesn't really live up to what one would expect from WoWWiki. I suggest a rewrite - obviously maintaining all current sections but perhaps re-drafting much of the accompanying descriptive text? Kasyx 10:55, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
Notable Players Edit
It seems that all of these players are role players as well, can't we just move this under the RP section? --Stubhorn 18:22, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
- This section is a bit childishly biased, don't you think? I'm sure there are a lot of players who "suck balls", I just don't see why we need to mention them on WoWWiki. I think this section is prone to a lot of vandalism, what with random people adding names without any way of citing them. I move to have this removed. -- Kasyx 10:49, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- I see your point Kasyx, however I re-introdused the topic as notable role players. There will always be a lot of vandalism on wiki pages but that's not the reason to remove a topic i.m.o. People who have put a lot of efford in the RP community on Scarshield Legion deserve some honour on the wiki. Also, this is the first time by my knowledge that this topic got vandalized. --Stubhorn 23:51, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- There I agree with you. I do think that there should be a section for notable players as many do deserve recognition. However, with it being so open to vandalism I think one needs to keep a close eye on its content, ensuring the players are mentioned and given adequate recognition whilst maintaining a neutral point of view. Another issue is citation and generally having an idea of what one must achieve in order to be listed here, as well as perhaps including a few more details in terms of accomplishments under each name. -- Kasyx 10:35, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- Like I said on the forums, even if it's nice for guys like Pilas and Troy to be recognized for the contributions they've made, it's still kind of unnecessary as they will be remembered anyway, and I feel that the "Notable RP Guilds" is way more important to have on the page as that's something a reader might want to know about. I don't think their opinion of the realm will change depending on something as trivial (to them anyway) as "Notable Roleplayers".
- It will either never be changed due to fear of being removed again or changed too much due to wanting more e-peen or just plain considering oneself as important and notable, so... I'll just remove it. The wiki-page should be able to be used as a non-biased advert for our realm, and unless we have someone that's known all over the entire wow-comminuty - I don't see a real reason for the e-peen list to stay. - Nosceteipsum 15:34, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- Sadly, I have to agree with you all --Stubhorn 23:28, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
I had to rollback the page to it's last version from 15 November and removed the Notable RP'ers topic, because someone named "Gankins" found it necessary to deface this page entirely (see history). I reported him as a "known vandal" and recommend we all ask for the SSL topic to be locked. (As it would attrack more of these kind of people). --Stubhorn 23:35, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
Um.. Stop deleting guilds, that's extreamly childish -.- (Leilo 13:05, 19 November 2007 (UTC))
maybe an idea to put the guilds in alphabetical order? Kaetje 14:43, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- nah, the thing is, the Guild leaders put they're Guild info on this page by themselves, so we can't expect them to find out for themselves that they have to put it in alphabetically. Nice idea though. Luffy 16:42, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- It can still be done, and eventually people will learn... unless they lack the IQ, in which case we'll have the brain power to fix it for them. - Nosceteipsum 15:06, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
I think there needs to be a higher level of description for any Guilds mentioned "Illusion - best pve guild at SSL" doesn't quite cover it. If Guilds are going to be listed in this section, I think there needs to be a more succinct description of them, with perhaps an accompanying link to their website? -- Kasyx 10:52, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- I've changed that now and I'll try to keep it somewhat in alphabetical order. - Nosceteipsum 15:06, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well that was one of the many alterations this Gankins guy did. I had to role back to a version a few days aggo to restore to what it was before. Sorry, Nosceteipsum the guild list is now again in random order. I'll try to re-arange it myself, but i'm too tired for that now. --Stubhorn 00:09, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Can we perhaps edit this section? There seems to be a rather large amount of vandalism from the PVPers concerning the RPers. I think this section should discuss PvP/Arena grouping averages and wait times, not how PVPers view Arenas versus how RPers view arenas, and not how "we have skillz so we own at it". Seriously. -- Kasyx 14:56, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- As a matter of fact, just looking over it and comparing it to WoWWiki pages on other RP-PvP servers, I don't even see how this section is necessary. Unless there is something particularly important about Scarshield Legion's PvP in particular, I see no need for this section to exist. -- Kasyx 15:07, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, for example, people who are looking to migrate on this realm often ask on our forum what this realm is like. Many times they also ask how the (world) PvP is like, how long waiting queues for battlegrounds and arenas are. I think the SSL wiki should at least answer some of these basic questions, don't you think? --Stubhorn 12:25, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- I see what you're getting at. Unfortunately I am not a big PvPer, but I can understand now how this information would be important. Perhaps what we should do then is use a basic format of average waiting queue time per battleground/arena and perhaps average statistics of what classes/levels frequent them most? -- Kasyx 12:38, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I like doing battlegrounds from time to time. Statistics would be nice, but very hard to do, because a lot depend on different things like fraction, time of day, arena rating, your level, etc... What people should know - from my own experience - is that we're in a very small battlegroup so queues can be long at times (too few people on-line to fill a battleground). I restored the previous version of the PvP. I'm not completely satisfied with the arena part, but at least it's better than the crap it was before. --Stubhorn 15:00, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
- sigh* this has become so rampant that I have actually decided to create a section on the talk page for it. Gankins has, yet again, vandalized the page thus I have reverted back to my last edit (don't think anyone else has made any changes since then so nothing of worth is lost). Checked the list of known vandals and Gankins has been added to it, so well done to whoever did that. -- Kasyx 20:09, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Guildlist needs updating Edit
The guildlist contains a lot of disbanded/inactive guilds, therefore much inaccurate information. What's your opinion about splitting the active and the disbanded guilds? (We can check the Armory if the guild still exists or not). I don't suggest the removal of the disbanded guilds from the list, because they might have been significant in the realm's past.
This link should also be useful: