*The Server project is a WoWWiki project with the goal of making a standard server page layout.
TOP 20 PvE progress Edit
- Addition by Svperstar 02:39, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
The criteria of rank is by the number of bosses downed and then by the date they were killed.
- Addition by Highwind 11:07, 2 March 2008 (CET)
Criteria for bosses downed reverted to:
- Total number of boss kills in the current hardest instance.
- If (1) is equal, number of boss kills in the next hardest instance (and so on).
- If (1) and (2) are equal, the exact time the last boss was killed determines which is ranked before the other.
The previous table also included:
- Total number of boss kills.
The reasons for this are following: It is the currently hardest instance that determines progress. People who start new guilds might not bother with or focus on old content (extreme exempli gratia: Molten Core), and might have a better progress in new instances than the guilds who cleared everything else. Also, it didn't make sense to have "Total number of bosskills" on first, then "Bosskills in current hardest instance on second." This would make someone who cleared Karazhan get a better position than someone who cleared BT (but skipped the previous instances for reasons unknown).
The table should now reflect the best progressing guild in the new content.
- Addition by MasterLoco 15:59, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
Highwind, your system has flaws in it. If we would follow your system blindly a guild that killed Archimonde but nothing in Black Temple yet would be ranked lower then a guild that killed just Winterchill in Mount Hyjal & just Naj'entus in Black Temple. That's just retarded to say to least. So even thou I do see your point with people skipping content & thereby outruling the total number of boss kills, you need to rethink your system, cause right now it just doesn't work...
In addition currently you have to clear Serpentshrine & Tempest Keep to get access to BT. It's true that Magtheridon is sometimes skipped but what guild has never been to Karazhan? Pretty much none... and if they never went with mains they probably went with alts instead.
- - Addition by Highwind 06:39, 7 May 2008 (CET)
- Sorry for not answering sooner, but I'm not too active here lately. The reason my system works is because the point is progress. Noone cares if you killed Onyxia as a guild or not if you've killed Illidan. It's always the latest instance that matters the most, and if there's two instances that are considered on equal grounds in the future, feel free to weigh them equally hard. I don't justify saying that a guild that cleared Karazhan to SSC is better than a guild that just cleared BT because they did more total bosskills.
Page header Edit
- It looks nice. I like the new page a lot now, though I think the super bosskill ranking lists perhaps could go on a separate page eventually. -- Highwind 06:39, 7 May 2008 (CET)
- Addition by Dread 11:00, 3 November 2008 (CET)
If it could be made into a drop-down menu it'd be cool to keep it on the main page.. Click Vanilla Wow and it drops down and you can see that.. or click Burning Crusade and you'll only see those bosses. With Wrath of the Lich king as the "main-page" if you understand what i mean :)