Just started this off with minimal info put in. If you see this, add!
I play on this server, and I'll be trying to post information I know. Also, this is my first time editing, so constructive criticism regarding form, style, etc. would be greatly appreciated. :) Villanimm 01:13, 12 May 2007 (EDT)Villanimm
Dec. 2007 update Edit
Updated a ton of info and marked any time-sensitive references with a date. Added info about community.
Removed all guilds that weren't on the progression thread, as many of them no longer exist (and with no guild directory for Darrowmere there's no other way to determine who's active and who isn't). This is possibly controversial, but if your guild was removed feel free to add it back in.--Scrotch 01:16, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
- Oh and this is all from a Horde 70 warrior tank's perspective. Feel free to add in your observations, especially Alliance visitors to the page.--Scrotch 01:48, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
@Varna love Edit
Keep it off the page please.--Scrotch 00:25, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
Adding a guild to this page Edit
A few quick notes for those looking to add their guild to the page:
First of all, thanks for helping to contribute to the page. Anything you see on the page that can be improved, please do so. I started maintaining this page a few months back and hope to see it continue to improve.
There are just a few things to be sure of as you add your guild to the lists toward the bottom of the page:
- Please make sure you add your guild to the correct list. This helps people looking for specific types of guilds know where to focus their attention.
- Active PvE Endgame means that the guild has at least one post-Karazhan kill of a boss, be it Maulgar in Gruul's Lair, Bear or Eagle in ZA, or some other non-Karazhan TBC raid boss (e.g. Doom Lord Kazzak). These guilds may still often run pre-25man/ZA content or they may not, but they have all successfully made the leap into endgame raiding.
- Active PvP means that the guild is particularly active in the PvP side of the game. Since Darrowmere is a PvP server, it's assumed that everyone does Arenas, battlegrounds, etc. to some extent, but if your is guild especially invested in this side of the game (everyone is in an Arena team, organized bg premades occur almost every day, etc.), go ahead and add yourself here. Twink guilds (if there are any on the server) also probably go here, although I admit I didn't design the lists with twinks in mind.
- Active Levelling/Karazhan means that the guild has not yet progressed into content beyond Karazhan. If most of a guild's members aren't 70 yet, or if they are still progressing through endgame 5 man instances and Karazhan, the guild should be listed here.
- Capitalization and spelling are important! The guild lists automatically include a link to your guild's WOW Armory profile. Slight errors will cause an error page (or the wrong guild's page) to come up.
- Remember to add in your guild's website, if it has one. This will only help you to find new members, or if existing members need help finding the guild site.
- If your guild merges, disbands, or otherwise is no longer active, please modify your listing as appropriate. Fair warning: I do periodically check to see if guilds continue to stay active (or even exist). As a rule of thumb, if you drop below 10 members I will probably delete you from the list.
- Remember you can set up a guild page too. This can give more information about your guild to people outside it, which can be particularly helpful if you are looking to recruit new members.
That's it. Thanks again for helping to improve this page.--Scrotch 23:52, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
Most of the gankers who care about it are able to self-promote quite effectively on the realm forum already. Is it wise to help them out with this? Or are we naming them in order to let others know who to watch out for?--Scrotch 02:33, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- Removed the paragraph on world pvp entirely as the realm population has increased substantially in the last month or so. If someone can add some informed info on the current state of world pvp, please do.--Scrotch (talk) 03:43, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
It's not nice to talk trash about people. :) L2 not be a retard in edits. - August 18, 2008
December 2011 UpdateEdit
Having actively been a part of this server for the past eighteen months, I felt this wiki could use an overall update to reflect the current content, particularly in the context of how much the server and it's raiding environment have changed through the transition into Cataclysm.
The changes made to the guild lists are meant to reflect the most current statistics: - PVE guilds that are actively progressing in 4.3 content - PVP guilds with an end season rating > 1000 - Leveling guilds with a lead in overall guild activity, but without end game progression in this expansion.
If you feel your guild was overlooked, particularly in regard to the Alliance, I don't claim to be an authority in that territory on this server. The lists as they were had not been updated since well before the PVP-PVE conversion which 'killed the server' over the summer of 2010.
I will continue to keep this page current.