Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This is an archive of Server talk:Barthilas US.
"Barthilas currently houses the famous WoW player Jammno." I ROFL-ed at this a little. Kind of self-promotion, but it is sort of factual. I say it stays because it adds "Character" to an otherwise dull and boring page. LOL. --Zamael 22:35, 27 December 2006 (EST)
- How do i report jammno or something to stop his posting his self-promoting garbage on this page over and over again? --Boetick.
- It's not vandalism in and of itself. But him subsequently removing himself from the reported vandals list surely is (see User talk:Jammno. If you want to block him from re-adding the "famous player Jammno" bit once his ban is over, I suggest starting a vote about it here. Results of vote outcomes are enforceable. I will not be monitoring this page for responses; I may be reached via my talk page. (T) 10:13, 11 April 2007 (EDT)
Jammno Vote Edit
|This is a proposal and requires a vote to be accepted or declined.
I would like to ban jammno from constantly editing this page with his self-promoting garbage such as "Barthilas currently houses the famous WoW player Jammno. Jammno is known WoWwide for his famous "WTB Love" post that sparked over one million pageviews. The original post can be seen at: jammno.ytmnd.com He is AKA AngelFlonne, and his paladin, who is known to be a Dwarf Female in all BoE epics. The name is currently unknown." Noone knows or cares who he is and its clogging up our realm page.
|This proposal was accepted by a winning Yes vote according to WoWWiki Voting policy.
- Yes Boetick 10:33, 7 May 2007 (EDT) - (See above - Boetick.)
- Yes Tyka 10:41, 1 June 2007 (UTC) - (If he was that famous someone else would have added him.)
- Yes Pcj (T•C) 20:28, 29 June 2007 (UTC) - ()
- Yes Twinklestar 13:50, 4 July 2007 (UTC) - ()
- Yes Impian 03:07, 6 July 2007 (UTC) - (I'll vote Yes, agreeing with Tyka. Sky2042 points out that if the comment was rewritten with a NPOV it might be acceptable - on the other hand, when I first clcked on the ytmnd.com link it was a bit of a LOL moment. If we start documenting Player Characters / Players that are "famous" because they have an ytmnd.com link we'd potentially start polluting the page with more self-promoting material. Can I suggest this Jammno material is more appropriate in his User page, and if he wants to link to the Barthilas page he can be categorise his user page in the same way the Soj and Purevil pages are categorised?)
- Yes Kevfederline 03:19, 6 July 2007 (UTC) - (Get out Jammno)
- Yes User:Purevil 10:41, 1 June 2007 (UTC) - (What can I say, not famous.)
- Yes Torpy 14:47, 6 July 2007 (UTC) - (Not famous, added himself, get off the server.)
- No Jammno 03:53, 20 May 2007 (UTC) - (I'm more famous than Copperfield, and less famous than Leeroy. I should stay. I have my own WoW trading card for Christ sake!)
It's interesting to note that Jammno has his own trading card. Link please? It seems like the community isn't appreciative of mentions of Jammno on the page. Impian 06:18, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
- Googled his name in combination with warcraft, trading, and card. There were no links to a Blizzard sponsored website in any of the responses. However, his notability on ytmnd.com is asserted, and that should probably be left in with a npov, rather than his biased editing. I have removed his last edit for the time being. --Sky (t · c · w) 07:05, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
View some more discussion at User talk:Gryphon#Jammno. Do leave your own comments here, however. --Sky (t · c · w) 07:01, 6 July 2007 (UTC)