|Jannik||Scarlet Crusade US||Warlock||85||The Murder of Crows||Warlord|
Character's Full name: Jannik Vessrad.
Character's Nick-name(s): Loremaster Jannik, Stone Guard Jannik, Jannik the Explorer, Jannik Jenkins.
Race: Forsaken, formerly Human.
Age: 41 (he was 36 years of age at the time of his Human death).
Profession: Illustrious Enchanter.
Secondary skills: Illustrious Cook, Illustrious First Aid, Grand Master Fisherman.
Role-playing Weight Class: Usually medium, though varies with mood, & how many tasks are being juggled.
Role-playing status: Always IC in Guild Chat & /say; often IC in party, unless in a dungeon. It depends on what's going on.
PvP Preference (do it a lot?): Jannik is seen in a PvP situation more often than any other.
A typical quote from Jannik: "The Burning Legion must be destroyed! Join The Forsaken Cause! Join The Murder of Crows!”
Weekly On-line Schedule: Very erratic & somewhat unpredictable due to many highly critical real-life obligations that keep me very busy. Best way to reach me is e-mail or cell phone.
- Jannik's home is the (fictional) fortress of The Murder of Crows, which is located somewhere (vague so as not to interfere with in-game storyline & existing map) in the mountains south of the Undercity. His Hearthstone is set to Dalaran's Filthy Animal, where Jannik can occasionally be found cooking up some fine meaty meals & laughing it up with some of his troll buddies in the kitchen, and often with more than a few drinks in him.
- Jannik stands at slightly over 6' with his slouch (you try to have good posture after decomposing as he has), & weighs around 145lbs minus his gear & such. Jannik does what he can to look good, without sacrificing functionality. He's particularly proud of his green Mohawk. Jannik's Gear Score is: .
- Confident, sometimes with a touch of arrogance. Jannik appreciates those who are respectful, conversational, & helpful. He is extremely dedicated to being a patriot to the Forsaken race as a whole, deciding for himself how best to do this. Can often be quiet until prompted, but usually warms up well to conversation. Jannik follows his own agenda, the rest of the world be damned. Jannik's Netherdrake is named Onyxien. In recent months, Jannik's mood has been gradually improving; it is not at all unusual for him to be in a very pleasant & joyful mood, & often has a hearty laugh ready when appropriate. The cause of his hard edge & coldness fading is as of yet unknown.
Goals and MotivationsEdit
- Bringing down all enemies of The Forsaken is Jannik's top goal. He desires a large, powerful guild, full of patriots to the Forsaken Cause, of whom understand & respect the importance of keeping the Forsaken race strong. He is motivated by the powers He can potentially master, & by the blood of his enemies He feeds off of when in battle. Anyone that acts against the Forsaken race marks themselves as an enemy of Jannik.
In Character WeaknessesEdit
- His vanity can be played upon by a skilled tongue. The mild arrogance he tries to keep in check can sometimes lead to trouble. As a Forsaken, he can be turned, rebuked or even commanded by powerful positive or negative energy forces. Jannik is not very physically strong or agile. Jannik follows his own agenda, the rest of the world be damned.
In Character StrengthsEdit
- Extremely patriotic; generally respectful, almost always honest. Very brave (fearless even, by most accounts), experienced in many facets of life on Azeroth & Outland. He is very organized & efficient. Generally patient. Jannik does not need to draw breath to fill his lungs, & thus can stay underwater much longer than any other race, & with his abilities as a Warlock, can stay underwater indefinitely. He also has a very strong willpower, reflecting the struggle he faced in breaking free from the Lich King's powerful mental domination, and in remaining free of his control. Such willpower allows Jannik to become immune to fear, sleep, & charm effects. Being physically dead, he has the ability to Cannibalize, metabolizing the remains of humanoid corpses to regain his own strength.
Passionate About The War?Edit
- Jannik is extremely passionate about any war that brings glory to The Forsaken. The war he currently focuses on is against The Burning Legion. Jannik works hard to bring focus on that most important of goals. After that, in this order of priority, is The Scourge, The Scarlet Crusade, & The Alliance.
- Ackis Recipe List, Arkinventory, Auctioneer, BattlePetCount, CensusPlus, Deadly Boss Mods, GatherMate2, MyRolePlay, Omen Threat Meter, OmniCC, Overachiever, PetBattleMaster, PetJournal Enhanced, PetTracker, Postal, and Tital Panel.
- Usually very slow; I really enjoy the story behind each quest, I tend to get distracted from questing & grinding my professions, PvP, & RP. I don't play to race to max level and grind end-game; I play to RP, to enjoy every facet of the game. That said, I loved Outland so much when I reached it, that I went from 60-70 in like five weeks (not necessarily because I raced along, but largely because I found Outland to be so entertaining that I spent much more time playing WoW than usual, and focused most of my time on questing rather than getting distracted by RP, professions, guild management, and RL stuff).
- Jannik Vessrad was born (2nd of 4 children) and raised by loving parents in the small Human town of Brill in the Tirisfal Glades of northern Lordaeron. Jannik's mother was a stay-at-home wife of whom raised Jannik and his siblings as best she could, and tailored clothing for the family, as well as for fun and profit. Jannik's father was a powerful Enchanter, and an influential speaker. He was proud, hard-working, and believed strongly in honor, and the importance of standing up and defending your kin, no matter the odds. Jannik's father served as a close aid to the administrator of Brill, Magistrate Sevren (ranked even above Magistrate Sevren's assistant Jamie Norr), and played a key role in many decisions regarding Brill. While neither of Jannik's parents were soldiers, both had fighting spirits, and had a great impact on Jannik, of whom learned a great deal from them, and to this day holds reverent respect for them.
- In his youth, Jannik was more interested in school and studying a great variety of subjects than to playing games or making friends. Jannik wasn't rude, he was just uninterested in making friends when there was so much for him to learn. He spent countless hours in Brill Town Hall reading every book he could. Jannik had almost no interaction with non-humans, only seeing an occasional gnome or dwarf pass through the town on occasion, as elves seemed to avoid Brill all together. Around the age of 15, Jannik became the secret apprentice of Rupert Boch, a reputed Mage at the time, of whom secretly dabbled in Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction. Jannik didn't hide the fact that Rupert Boch was training him in the arts of magic, he only hid the true nature of that magic, and the level of commitment he had to his teacher, of whom everyone believed to be a Mage.
- Periodically, Brill would be attacked by small raids of Murlocs or Gnolls, and Jannik and his family would proudly aid in the defense of the town. Jannik's older (by three years) brother, Alexanikth, was particularly valuable in the defense of the town, as he was a fierce warrior, well trained by Austil de Mon. Jannik's only sister, Jastara, was just a year younger than Jannik, was a talented Mage and Alchemist, and served Cain Firesong well.
- As time went on and wars raged throughout Azeroth, Alexanikth and Jastara joined the military forces of The Alliance, taking part in many battles. Jannik himself delved deeply into his studies of Warlock powers, focusing all his skills and talents into Affliction. While focused on his studies, Jannik never neglected to be there for his parents, and could often be found at their home, helping his mother with chores, or even giving feedback to his father's influence in local politics. He also aided both parents in their professions, and fished at Stillwater Pond to help keep food on their table.
- Eventually, Kel'Thuzad, still a living man, began experimenting with the Plague of Undeath while visiting Brill, resulting in the demise of the kingdom of Lordaeron. The success of the infestation was such that it allowed Kel'Thuzad to convince the Lich King to launch the invasion even before it was planned. The mass graveyard just outside of Brill was made to accommodate the large number of deaths Tirisfal suffered when the Plague first came. The town was investigated by Prince Arthas during his mission to uncover the source of the Plague. Following the weakening of the Lich King due to the spell cast by Illidan, Sylvanas's rebel Forsaken were able to quickly assume control of the town, along with numerous other sites in Tirisfal Glades. Jannik and his parents were among those to have died of the Plague, rise up as mindless Scourge, and then be granted freedom by Sylvanas, becoming the Forsaken that they are today.
- As Forsaken, the denizens of Brill no longer had qualms about Warlocks, having much bigger things to worry about, like survival. And so Jannik proudly shrugged off his hidden nature, and forever more embraced himself proudly as a Warlock. Jannik took no time at all to let go of his attachments to being Human, and thoroughly embraced his new Forsaken race with great pride and fervor. Since the undead do not need to draw breath to fill their lungs, Jannik can stay underwater much longer (300% longer) than any other race. The Will of the Forsaken reflects the struggle that every Forsaken faced in breaking free from the Lich King's powerful mental domination, and in remaining free from his control, allowing Jannik to become immune to fear, sleep, and charm effects at will. As the Forsaken are physically dead, they have the ability to Cannibalize, metabolizing the remains of humanoid corpses to regain their own strength.
- Jannik, being a highly educated and intelligent being, quickly seen the peril that his new race faced. The Forsaken fight a constant battle not only to retain their freedom from the Scourge, but also to slaughter those who would hunt them as monsters. Jannik became a prominent leader and patriot to this Forsaken Cause, and formed The Murder of Crows to serve as an extension of his patriotic will.
- Jannik found many willing and eager Forsaken ready to join the cause. It seemed that many of them simply needed to be directly approached. He found many great patriots for the cause in places like Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley.
- (( About a month after reaching our peak number of members in September of 2006, several guild members reached level 60. They immediately wanted to do end-game, but the guild didn't have quite enough members to do this. Trying to recruit other 60s into an RP-guild for end-game was very challenging, and several guild members decided to leave the guild. This marks an event (which spans from roughly August 2006 to February 2007) in the guild's history in which all three top guild officers at that time wanted to change the guild into an end-game instance guild and demanded I step down as leader. When that failed, they left The Murder of Crows in a cloud of drama and joined the end-game instance guild Tribute (now disbanded) and tried to talk as many other Crows into joining that guild as possible. Those that didn't join Tribute then split into two groups, those that stuck around and help with the recovery, and those that left and found other guilds assuming mine was about to collapse. ))
- With a knew set of moral and ethical standards to focus The Murder around, Jannik and his loyal Crows were able to rebuild the guild. Jannik earned many friends, and The Murder gained many allies. The first alliance gained was with The Sacred Band (the alliance became official on Thursday, October 25th, 2007 around 7:30pm EST). Shortly after, both The Murder and The Sacred Band joined Doomhammer Legion (The Murder joined DHL on Saturday, August 23rd, 2008, at 8:07:25 AM EST). Jannik earned an Officer position within the organization within a short time. Throughout all of this, Jannik has explored every bit of Azeroth, Kalimdor, Northrend, and Outland, and has accomplished a great deal in all of those lands. And yet, the story goes on! Many enemies still stand in the way of the Forsaken race's ability to thrive! And Jannik will always be eager and ready to take on those enemies!
- Jannik was first seen in WoW by WoW Census() on January 12th, 2006 when he was level 6. He created the guild The Murder of Crows on Thursday, January 19th, 2006 when he was level 12.