Character's Full name: Galbalin.
Character's Nick-name: The Frozen Doom.
Race: Blood Elf.
Professions: Artisan Enchanter, Artisan Tailor.
Secondary Skills: Expert Cook, Apprentice Rider.
Position in society: In the process of redemption.
Face/Heel: Generally well received.
Current Home: Shattrath City.
Physical Description: Everything a handsome Elf Should be.
Personality Description: Helpful & polite to those that could be valuable to him.
Role-playing weight class: Light.
Role-playing status: ((mistells and typos aside i try to be as often as possible))
Goals and Motivations: To get to know as many ladies as possible while going after the burning legion.
In Character Strengths: Ice, cold, frost, chill, doom, and drop dead good looks. Hard working when focused on a goal.
Passionate About The War?: My war hasn't started yet.
PvP preference (do it a lot?): "Thousands have succomed to the frozen doom." He's very active in PvP.
A typical quote from your character: "How YOU doin'?!"
Leveling speed: lightning fast
Weekly on-line schedule: almost every weekday
In Character WeaknessesEdit
- Women/anything that can't be frozen. He isn't very friendly to those that can't be directly valuable to him (for example he tends to completely ignore anyone more than two level lower than him). He doesn't help anyone unless he can get something out of it. Although he's a Mage, he behaves like a Rogue. His ego & above listed qualities tend to keep folks at more than arm's length from him.
- I was not always known as the Frozen Doom, quite the contrary actually. At first i wasn't known as anything. I was Galbalin High Elf mage under the command of Jaina Proudmore and Prince Arthas. I wasn't anything special. just one caster in a group of caster that followed the prince of Lorderon to Northrend. We all witnessed Arthas' fall to demon sword. though the slaughter that insued silenced the majority of those witnesses.
- I'm not sure how I survived where so many of my kin had fallen but there i was alive, and alone in the frozen north. eventually i made my way to a settlement of sorts. it's name escapes me these days but i made a sort of living there as a tutor and teacher of the arcane.
- Until i fell the loss of the sunwell.
- There are no words for the profound sense of pain and loss of that event. it was as if all but the very smallest portion of my soul was torn right out of my body. It took months before i was recovered enough to continue my lessons. though i found to my great dismay that the vast majority of my arcane might had vanished along with the sunwell. In its place was a hunger, a hunger far greater than any a normal being could comprehend.
- This was not a hunger of food or flesh(that one comes later), this was a hunger for magic, a compultion to fill the void of power the sunwell left behind. Robbed of my abilities i knew i could not fill this need so i began to study.
- The magical Items i had aquired in my travels of northrend were enough to sustain me while i focused, and came to understand the vast powers of Cold that made thier home in Northrend. being the agile mind that i was the mysteries of cold soon revealed them selves to me and i started to harness them in ernest.
- Though by now my supply of magic items had been depleted. The Hunger was an ever present and increasingly strong voice in my head. i could see the drape or arcane around my former students and fought as long as i could, but in the end i was overpowered my my need for magic and attacked one of my students in the night and completely drained every last ounce of magic in thier body. though unfortunately his family was awakened by the noise and i couldn't let them live to speak of what i had done. so that faithful night i had feed on a living being for the first time and left every person in that house incased in ice.
- At first no one in the villiage knew who had done that terrible thing. the superstious locals attributed to eveil ice spirits, which was fine by me. that mans magic had kept me full for weeks. though soon after the hunger came again and this time i was less powerless to resist it. and this time i got sloppy. I was seen by someone in the village who promptly alerted the guards. every one in town raised arms against me.
- This was the first real test of my command of the elements i called forth the biggest storm ever seen in those parts. sleet and snow and wind froze all the guards where they stood .. women, children, no one escaped. I didn't want it to be this way but thier ignorance of my problems had forced my hand. i fed on every scrape or magic left in the villiage and went on my way.
- I wandered from town to town feeding when i needed and leaving nothing but frozen corpses and tales of The Frozen Doom of Northrend in my wake. Things continued until one day i felt a presence. the strongest force of magic i had felt in a long time. i was drawn to this person like flies are drawn to rotting flesh. This person actually ended up being a gnome. and this gnome was also a mage. After an intense battle that took my new powers to the very brink of death i was defeated. but before the death blow fell he saw something in me. something to this day he has not explained. not only did he stay his hand, but offered it to me. offered me a way back to azeroth. Offered to teach me to control my hunger and to better understand what it is like to be a mage.
- So i followed the gnome back to his place of study in Ironforge. Rather than the acknowlagement i had come to expect from the alliance as a High Elf i only got anger at my pressence. The kind gnome explained to me of the highelves fall from grace and the march of illidan Stormrage. i Learned much about the arts from this man, and soon picked up not only his love of magic, but also is love of the fairer sex.
- Anyone knows that gnomes are notorious womanisers, but this man was bad even by gnome standards. i learned much from that brilliant little man but soon i heard news of other "Blood elves" as i heard them called and thier gathering in the ruins of quel'thelas now called "silvermoon" so i said fairwell to my savior and mentor and made my way to Silvermoon and my kin. though shortly after i arrived i was picked up by the Murder and the rest of the story as they say "Is History"
- Galbalin was first seen in WoW by WoW Census() on July 4th, 2007 when he was level 14. He joined The Murder of Crows on August 4th, 2007 when he was level 34. Galbalin was removed from The Murder of Crows (well after reaching level 70) by Master Jannik for violating the 1 month idle rule in mid February. Galbalin rejoined The Murder of Crows on the morning of Thursday, March 27th, 2008. He left a few months later, & transferred to another server.