|Artumes||Scarlet Crusade US||Death Knight||80||The Murder of Crows||DeathGuard|
Character's Full name: DeathGuard Artumes Sunfury.
Character's Nickname(s): DeathGuard Artumes, Artumes Jenkins.
Race: Blood Elf.
Age: 68 years of age.
Class: Death Knight of the Ebon Blade.
Professions: Master Engineer, Grand Master Miner.
Secondary Skills: Journeyman Cook, Grand Master First Aid, Journeyman Fisherman Expert Rider.
Position in society: As a Death Knight he is outcast from most formal society.
Face/Heel: Most are intimidated by his presence, but those who know him well know he that there is still a heart in his cold.
Current Home: Dalaran.
Physical Description: 6'1 / 200lbs. without Armor, Long Black ponytail with cold blue eyes. Artumes's Gear Score () is 1,705.
Personality Description: Though Artumes had done terrible things while under the Lich King's power, he still loves to be a hero, and will always defend those close to him.
Role-playing weight class: Medium.
Role-playing status: Usually OOC in groups, unless told otherwise.
Goals and Motivations: To serve Master Jannik and The Murder of Crows, and to help his fellow Crows slay the Lich King, & to redeem his brother's soul.
In Character Strengths: Strong and skilled with the dark forces, Artumes is always a force to be reckoned with in battle.
In Character Weaknesses: At times Artumes can seem to be a bit cold.
Passionate About The War?: Artumes is passionate about annihilating the Scourge whenever he can, because in his eyes with every monster he kills he gets a piece of his brother back.
PvP preference (do it a lot?): Yes I love Arena and BGs.
A typical quote or motto favored by Artumes: “The recognition of pain and fear in others give rise in us to pity, and in our pity is our humanity, our redemption.” --Dean Koontz
AddOns Used: Gatherer / Auctioneer / Omen Threat Meter / Deadly Boss Mods.
Leveling speed: Moderate.
Weekly on-line schedule: Weekdays from about 5pm to 9pm and weekends off and on all day.
- Artumes and his twin brother Hiruko, grew up in the peaceful kingdom of Quel'Thalas. Their parents were both Blood Knights aiding the Silver Hand in their raids against the Scourge in Lordaeron. The pair grew up in their parent's footsteps, each very gifted in the art of combat. The two would spar any chance they would get to perfect their skills. As adolescence set in the two discovered that they too had the gift of light, and as such drained the power of M'uru to wield as their own.
- The twins quickly became rivals each getting stronger and stronger, until the dreadful day that they learned their parents had died in the line of combat. Artumes trying not to show any emotion pat his brother on the back. telling him, "Our parent's death will not be in vein."
- Hiruko's tears slowly started to dissipate, and in a soft voice he said, "I agree, the Scourge shall pay." Only two days after the death of their parents, reports of Scourge being spotted in Quel'thalas started circulating around Silvermoon. Though they were young the two pleaded to join the Blood Knights, and with little hesitation, Astalor Bloodsworn agreed.
- The two became heroes fast, killing legions of Scourge. They had even reclaimed the small town of Tranquillien for a short while. Tranquillen became a makeshift base for the Blood Knights, and was well guarded. After a few weeks the Scourge seemed to be retreating, and the elves started celebrating. It was then the Lich King himself arrived to crash the party. Everyone screaming and running, woke Artumes who had been sleeping a hard days work off. He poked his head out of his window to see everyone running from an almost infinite Scourge attack. Artumes ran to Hiruko's room and yelled, "Come on Hiruko, we need to get the Hell out of here."
- "Whaa.....," muttered Hiruko.
- "Come on, there is a huge Scourge attack outside," said Artumes. Hiruko sleepily got up and got his armor on. Running down the hallway, the two were cut off by none other than the Lich King.
- "You two are in luck," said the Lich King. "I need the service of knights to get rid Tirion Fordring of Light's Hope Chapel. I shall spare your lives in return for your soul and eternal loyalty to me and the Scourge." Hiruko agreed and kneeled without hesitation. Artumes had to force himself to take a knee and agree with the Lich King's terms. "Very well, rise my Death Knights, I have your first task. I want you to check the remaining rooms of this inn, and slaughter anybody you find."
- "Yes Master," Artumes heard himself say.
- "It shall be done Master," said Hiruko. Artumes first room was occupied by an old friend of his. He could feel himself unsheathe his blade. With all his will he tried to stop himself, but the Lich Kings hold was too strong. He swung, and in an instant the room was splattered in blood. Though he couldn't control his body, a single tear managed to drop down his face. Room after room he killed friends, comrades, and heroes of his. When his task was done, he met up with his brother, and the two returned to the Lich King.
- "Well done," the Lich King said in a satisfied voice. "For now I want you two to venture to the Ebon Hold and await further instruction." Without any hesitation the pair walked along the scar of land left by the Scourge, passing legions of Undead as they walked by, until one knocked Artumes on his back.
- "Watch where you’re goin'," said the disgruntled Undead.
- "Easy on them Necromancer Jannik," the Lich King's voice echoed, as if he were standing next to them. "I have big plans for them." Artumes got a good look at the Necromancer, making sure he remembered what he looked like for future reference, and continued to walk toward the Plaguelands.
- Upon arriving to the Ebon Hold, Artumes and Hiruko were greated by Darion Mograine. The two were shown where they would be sleeping as well as where they would be training. As time went by the two became powerful Death Knights, perhaps even rivaling the skill of Mograine himself. Months went by and the Hold started to become full of more and more Death Knights.
- After a long day of training and testing each other's skill, Artumes and Hiruko were both summoned to a small room. The Lich King was there waiting for them, ready to give his instructions. "Artumes, Hiruko," he began "you two have shown a lot of promise for the Scourge, however, I only need the strongest to serve me." The Lich King points to a pair of runeblades on the wall. Artumes knew what the Lich King wanted and tried with all his might to stop himself, but the Lich King's grip was too strong. Both Artumes and his brother had grabbed the runeblades from the wall. "Only one will walk out of here." the Lich King said. "I want the victor to meet me on the roof with your brethren for our final assault," and with that being said the Lich King exited the room.
- Artumes stared at his brother, hoping that maybe Hiruko could break the spell, but with in moments he felt himself lunge toward Hiruko. The battle was fierce, time and time again Artumes would try to stop himself but could regain control. As the battle raged on Artumes could feel his lust for blood build. Eventually both Death Knights grew tired, and with one last swing the battle was over. Artumes couldn't believe his eyes, the corpse of his brother lying at his feet. Though still under the Lich King’s enslavement he will never forgive himself. A single tear rolled down his face, and though he couldn't speak it, Artumes swore an oath that he would avenge his brother, and slay the Lich King.
- Even with all the rage and emotion he had against the Lich King he had no choice but to follow his orders and make his way to the roof of the Archeaus. On his way he saw the same undead he bumped into on his way to the Ebon Hold. The Necromancer approach him and whispered something in his ear. Though Artumes couldn't understand it, he felt the Lich King's shackles on his mind loosen slightly. Artumes had partial control of his movements. Before Artumes could thank Necromancer Jannik, he had vanished. Artumes tried to look for him but he felt the Lich King getting irritated that Artumes wasn't on the roof already. So Artumes went on hastily to the roof.
- Upon his arrival, the Lich King laid out an intricate plan on how to draw out the feared Paladin Tirion Fordring. After the Lich King had finished unveiling his plan, it unfolded immediately. In an echoing yell Highlord Mograine shouted, "Soldiers of the Scourge, death knights of Acherus, minions of the darkness, hear the call of the Highlord. The death march begins, The skies will turn red with the blood of the fallen. The Lich King watches over us, minions. Leave only ashes and misery in your destructive wake!" Artumes summoned his Deathcharger and followed Mograine into battle.
- Artumes got sidetracked after a Scarlet Crusader knocked him off his horse. Artumes took care of the Crusader fast, and rush toward Mograine. On his way to him he could feel the shackles on his mind release. He finally had full control of his body. After finally making it to Light's Hope Chapel Artumes saw the Lich King limp away, and saw Mograine kneeling to Tirion. "Although our kind has no place in your world, we will fight to bring an end to the Lich King. This I vow," said Mograine. " Artumes, come over here," Mograine started, "I want my Death Knights to return to their original faction and aid them there. In your case I want you to go to the Undercity first. Sylvanas has amassed an army from those who had broke their mind control. You will find others like yourself there, others who have deep wounds left by the Lich King, others who want nothing other than Arthas dead."
- "It will be done Highlord," Artumes said as he saluted Mograine.
- Upon his arrival to the Undercity, his presence was not very welcomed. He made his way through a series of crypts, until he finally found a place to sit and gather his thoughts. It was then when an undead Warlock rode by on his Dreadsteed. Artumes recognized him immediately as the Necromancer from the Ebon Hold. "Necromancer Jannik," he yelled to get his attention. "I never got to thank you for loosening the shackles on my mind."
- The Forsaken's steed came to an abrupt halt, & the warlock turned his head to consider the Death Knight, Jannik's green mohawk moving only slightly with the movement. A slight smile marked the Forsaken's slightly rotted features as he spoke, "Greetings Death Knight, & welcome to The Undercity. I am Master Jannik Vessrad, leader of The Murder of Crows. Are you interested in making amends for the crimes you committed as a pawn of the Lich King? If so, The Murder of Crows may be just the right place for you..."
- Artumes kneeled on one knee, and stated “I know my crimes were great Master Jannik. I pledge my sword and service to you and The Murder of Crows. The Lich King will pay for what he has done.”
- Master Jannik studies the Death Knight closely for a moment, then climbed off of his Dreadsteed, & rested a hand on the Death Knight's armored shoulder. "Stand proudly, Neophyte Artumes, & may all enemies of The Murder of Crows beware!"
- Artumes was first seen in WoW by WoW Census() on November 14th, 2008 when he was level 60. He was already a member of The Murder of Crows at that time. Neophyte Artumes was promoted to Butcher by Master Jannik on Saturday, November 29th, 2008 when he was level 66. Butcher Artumes was promoted to Ravager by Master Jannik on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 when he was level 72. Ravager Artumes was promoted to Overseer by Master Jannik on Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 when he was level 76. He was promoted from Overseer to Centurion by Master Jannik on Monday, December 29th, 2008 when he was level 80. He was promoted from Centurion to DeathDealer by Master Jannik on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009. He was promoted from DeathDealer to DoomBringer by Master Jannik on Saturday, March 7th, 2009. Artumes was promoted from DoomBringer to DreadCrow by Master Jannik on Saturday, May 23rd, 2009. Artumes left The Murder of Crows & joined Audeamus on January 23rd, 2010. He rejoined The Murder of Crows as a Neophyte on Saturday, January 27th, 2010. Artumes was promoted from Neophyte to DarkSlayer by DreadCrow Jastara on Friday, March 5th, 2010. He was promoted from DarkSlayer to DeathGuard by DreadCrow Jastara on Wednesday, March 17th, 2010.