Nightfall (US) »
The realm has a player base active in PVE and is nearly 100% Alliance. This causes some balance issues in world PvP and events, such as Wintergrasp.
Kel'Thuzad has a long history of server issues and high population. Months of crashes, lag, and downtime were mostly resolved when the server was transferred to a new hardware cluster. Kel'Thuzad has remained a high population server since its launch, despite several periods where Blizzard opened free character transfers off of the server.
Some notable events in Kel'Thuzad's history include:
- Exodus scored a US First/World Second kill on M'uru, putting Kel'thuzad back on the map for PVE progression. They also put out one of the first videos for it. They also were the fifth guild world wide to kill Kil'jaden in TBC.
- A Pick-up group (Horde Side) which formed multiple times a week under the leadership of Shiektal successfully defeated all of Blackwing Lair and Ahn'Qiraj 40 up to C'thun's trash mobs every week. Nearly 100 players showed up weekly to the meeting spot to get an invite.
- Opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj. Kel'Thuzad was one of the first 30 servers (and the 11th PVP server) to open the gates.
- Horde players from the guild Fortis kited [Kazzak the Supreme|Lord Kazzak] from the Blasted Lands into Stormwind City. This led to a hotfix by Blizzard preventing kiting Kazzak.
- Massive PVP zergs in the Hillsbrad Foothills after the implementation of the honor system which included more than 400 players.
- The Goon Squad and Pacifist guilds teaming to kill Onyxia for the first time on the server. Their videos (including a 1% wipe) and strategies were studied by thousands of other WoW players.
- Several multi-guild attacks on the leaders of capital cities launched by both Alliance and Horde. The attacks involved hundreds of players. Which lead to numerous server crashes from both factions raiding cities.
- The legendary Vidas  by lvl 29 alts from Fortis.
- Early in 2006 the Eastern Kingdoms server crashed due to a large number of Horde players piled into the small room that houses the Blackwing Lair orb. The incident began early in the evening when a small group of Alliance players from the guild Stygian were ganking Horde players as they waited to begin their evening raid. Their strategy (which was common practice at the time) was to mind control enemies and jump them into the lava below. When members of the Horde guild Tribe had been given a particularly hard time they decided to get revenge. They swarmed the few Alliance players with the majority of a 40 man raid group and then proceeded to camp the orb that allows entrance to Blackwing Lair thus preventing the Stygian members from entering. Shortly afterwards and by coincidence, three other Horde raid groups began arriving to begin their raids for the evening. Kindread, N G T, and Brewmasters arrived in quick succession. However, due to Tribe members camping the orb, most of the arriving Horde players were unable to click on the orb to enter the instance resulting in ever increasing congestion. An estimated 130 players were piled into the small room when the Eastern Kingdoms server finally buckled under the pressure and crashed.
- Main article: Server:Kel'Thuzad US/Crafting
Detailed Kel'Thuzad guild progression tables can be found here.
Rank 14 PvPers Edit
These are all of the players who have reached the coveted ranks of Grand Marshal and High Warlord. Due to patch 2.0.1's revision of the honor/rank system, they will be the only characters to ever have reached that rank, as PvP rankings have been removed from the game.
|Grand Marshals||High Warlords|