Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Organizations||The People's Militia|
|Facilities||Inn Mailbox Bank Auction House|
|Travel||Flight Master Mass-transit|
Sentinel Hill is a People's Militia outpost in Westfall and their last stronghold in the region. It is here that the men and women of the People's Militia make their final stand against the Defias Brotherhood in a desperate last attempt to reclaim their homes. Its current population is around 300.
Most human characters visit during their adventures sometime after level 10. Sentinel Hill is located southwest of Stormwind and has only a few vendors. You can also find the Defias Traitor at the Sentinel Tower.
It has a flight path (gryphon roost), barracks-like inn, mailbox, and forge and anvil next to the lumber mill down the hill from Sentinel Tower. It is in this area where you receive missions for the Deadmines, and for those doing quests in Raven Hill Cemetery it is actually closer than traveling from Darkshire.
Raids on Sentinel Hill with the goal to kill Gryan Stoutmantle are common, mostly to provoke a response from nearby Stormwind City and draw Alliance players away in preparations for attacks on the city. In addition, the farm just to the right of the road from Sentinel Tower seems to be a popular spot for gold farming; lower-level gold farmers are often seen remaining in that small area, killing the same boars and vultures over and over.
There is a graveyard just outside of Sentinel Hill. Blizzard refers to it as a "default graveyard" and so it will be your spawn point if you cannot spawn anywhere else (for example, if your 10-day trial of Burning Crusade expires, yet you are still in Outland and your hearthstone is bound to Shattrath City).
- Booty Bay, Cape of Stranglethorn
- Furlbrow's Pumpkin Farm, Westfall
- Moonbrook, Westfall
- Raven Hill, Duskwood
- Darkshire, Duskwood
- Rebel Camp, Northern Stranglethorn
- Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest
- Lakeshire, Redridge Mountains
Sentinel Hill NPCs Edit
- The Defias Traitor
- Thor - <Gryphon Master>
- Kirk Maxwell - <Stable Master>
- Innkeeper Heather - <Innkeeper>
- Westfall Woodworker
The People's Militia Edit
- Gryan Stoutmantle - <The People's Militia>
- Captain Danuvin - <The People's Militia>
- Protector Dutfield - <The People's Militia>
- Protector Weaver - <The People's Militia>
- Protector Bialon - <The People's Militia>
- Protector Leick - <The People's Militia>
- Protector Deni - <The People's Militia>
- Protector Gariel - <The People's Militia>
- Scout Galiaan - The People's Militia>
- Scout Riell - <The People's Militia>
- Protector of the People - <The People's Militia>
- Quartermaster Lewis - <Quartermaster>
- Mike Miller - <Bread Merchant>
- William MacGregor - <Bowyer>
- Christopher Hewen - <Trade Supplies>
- Gina MacGregor - <Trade Supplies>
In CataclysmEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Later on in the main Westfall questline Vanessa VanCleef reforms the Defias Brotherhood, as a part of their resurgence Sentinel Hill is attacked by the Defias, along with many recently converted homeless.
This could possibly be a reference to the Sentinel Hill in H.P. Lovecraft's story "The Dunwich Horror".
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): The stove at Sentinel Hill in Westfall can be used for cooking.