|Cooldown||30 sec (GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
Tips and tactics
- Scatter Shot is useful for spell/ability disruption, as well as a disorient when attempting to flee. Consider using with for an immediate speed boost, though be mindful of the daze effect if struck.
- To avoid fighting an unwanted mob, using this shot and running out of melee range can help. Using once far enough away will de-aggro the mob, causing it to reset.
- This, sometimes used in conjunction with or , can close the distance when chasing a mob or player.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Scatter Shot's disorient effect should no longer sometimes be broken by the hunter's Auto Shot.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): No longer talented, available to all hunters.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Scattershot has been moved from the Marksmanship Tree to Tier 3 of the Survival Tree.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): This ability will now trigger Thrill of the Hunt.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This ability will now trigger Kill Command when it critically strikes.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): "Scatter Shot" will now properly do damage even if the target is immune to the confuse effect.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Should now cancel combat mode when used. The tooltips for quick Hunter shots have been updated to show them as instant abilities.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now usable while moving and no longer interrupts ranged combat. Now properly reduces the ranged attack power contribution by the percent modifier.