|Requirements||Requires Bear Form|
Savage Defense is a druid ability learned at level 10 for druids who have chosen the Guardian specialization.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Savage Defense now also reduces physical damage taken by 25%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Savage Defense can now accumulate 2 charges (down from 3 charges), and regenerates a charge every 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Savage Defense has been redesigned slightly. Instead of a single charge absorption, it now places an absorption effect on the druid absorbing up to 35% of the druid's attack power (modified by mastery, if applicable) in damage and lasting 10 seconds. There are no longer any charges on the effect.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The animation for gaining this buff will no longer make the bear stand upright.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Trainable at level 40 with Dire Bear Form as a prerequisite. When the druid deals a melee critical strike, it gains a physical damage shield equal to 25% of its attack power. The next hit completely consumes the shield, regardless of how much damage was done. Only active in Bear Form.