|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
- When the runes on their blades glow, you had best turn and run. — Kalatine Carmichael
Rune Strike is a death knight ability learned at level 65 for death knights with the blood specialization. It modifies the next melee swing to deal 175% weapon damage; it is impossible to dodge, block or parry. The damage done causes considerable bonus threat.
Tips and tricks
- When tanking a group of mobs, make sure to switch target frequently so that not all of your Rune Strikes hit the same target. Switching to a new target after landing a Rune Strike will help you build more threat on all of the mobs.
- Rune Strike causes more threat (and outright damage) per point of runic power than , so care should be taken when using that ability to make sure that you have enough runic power left to use Rune Strike.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Threat generated by this ability increased by approximately 17%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Damage decreased from 200% to 150% but threat increased to 150% from 100%.